PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"
Carrier: Sprint

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protector Recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosxj349 View Post
I don't have a Vogue but that shouldn't really matter. I just unpacked and installed a Clear Touch Anti-Glare Screen Protector from Boxwave, to replace the one that came with my TYTN II, and I must say that I'm impressed.

Not only does it cover the entire screen (the one that came with my PPC didn't), but it actually does everything that it claims:

1. Anti-Glare (Reduces glare no matter how high I turn up the brightness)
2. Dust Repelling (Wow)
3. Fingerprint Free (No matter how hard I tried with oily/grubby fingers)
4. Washable and Reusable (Didn't make sense buying three, sigh)
5. Improves Handwriting Recognition (And how!!!)
6. Protects Touchscreen from Scratches (It sure does)

I only have one "problem" and that is with the type of material it is made from. Its not really a problem, just a minor annoyance actually. My old protector was kind of soft, so making gestures was pretty much silent; but it didn't have all these other features. The boxwave protector makes a slight "swishing" sound when making finger gestures (due to its sturdier/harder material), but I guess that is just something I will have to get used to.
According to their website, only the anti-glare is fingerprint free while there is no such claim for the crystal clear one. And honestly the protectors at PPCTECH look exactly the same.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark1987 View Post
I was probably gonna get this one since I screwed up my stock one when I tried to put it on.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=878

This is for the GSM Touch, not the CDMA Touch - didn't fit my Sprint Touch.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D

Is the BoxWave Anti-Glare any thicker than the BoxWave Crystal or vice versa ? Reason for asking is because I want the screen to be as responsive as possible for screen gestures (Cube etc....) .
Old 03-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

I've had the same Anti-Glare on my Treo 700P for over a year and haven't had to replace it. The Crystal definitely does show smudges and fingerprints. The Anti-Glare does too, but definitely not as much as the Crystal. They're not too thick and they don't reduce the screen's sensitivity / responsiveness much at all. I'm still have to use the gestures, etc. without any problems. Removing them is a piece of cake, just take a piece of masking tape (I use the clear packaging tape from 3M) and put it on one corner of the protector then lift.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch

jeffrey23 is a n00b

Just installed clear touch anti-glare and wow...I love the feel and very little to none on the fingerprint side....A must have, blows the stock protector out of the water!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosxj349 View Post
I don't have a Vogue but that shouldn't really matter. I just unpacked and installed a Clear Touch Anti-Glare Screen Protector from Boxwave, to replace the one that came with my TYTN II, and I must say that I'm impressed.

Not only does it cover the entire screen (the one that came with my PPC didn't), but it actually does everything that it claims:

1. Anti-Glare (Reduces glare no matter how high I turn up the brightness)
2. Dust Repelling (Wow)
3. Fingerprint Free (No matter how hard I tried with oily/grubby fingers)
4. Washable and Reusable (Didn't make sense buying three, sigh)
5. Improves Handwriting Recognition (And how!!!)
6. Protects Touchscreen from Scratches (It sure does)

I only have one "problem" and that is with the type of material it is made from. Its not really a problem, just a minor annoyance actually. My old protector was kind of soft, so making gestures was pretty much silent; but it didn't have all these other features. The boxwave protector makes a slight "swishing" sound when making finger gestures (due to its sturdier/harder material), but I guess that is just something I will have to get used to.
WARNING!!!! Do NOT get the one for the HTC Vogue. it is too short to fit the entire screen. The CDMA Version is probably the one you want to get. I hope they correct this little problem.

Update!!! Boxwave says they sent me the wrong item. So evidently the Vogue one is going to be the right one afterall. We'll see--I'll report back when I get the reshipment next week they say.

Final update; I got the new ones yesterday, and the vogue ones are the correct ones for sure--they fit perfectly. Thanks to boxwave for fixing the problem so quickly and effectively!!!

Last edited by Stoney60; 04-19-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

TookayS2k is a n00b

Anybody try a cheap Ebay screen protector?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue