PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 03:20 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryehz2 View Post
Where do I find the 6.1 update? also, if my phone says I have CE version 5.2 but it also says windows mobile 6, which do I really have?
If you've got a Touch and have never flashed a ROM onto it, you've got WM 6.

You can find 6.1 ROMS by clicking on "Search this forum" and searching for ROM.

Please search next time.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
Yeah I tried that ROM, but there was too much other stuff there for me. I like to run a pretty simplistic PPC with some extras. I don't need all the add-ins which is why I'm going with the basic setup and adding my own stuff.
I'm also looking for a basic / simplistic 6.1 update for my Sprint Touch. All I want is:
  • WM6.1
  • All the HTC customizations that would come with a Sprint Touch w/ WM6.1
  • None of the sprint stuff that aren't absolutely required for the Touch to be fully functional on Sprint's network.
  • Nothing else besides all of the above.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

smurs is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I'm also looking for a basic / simplistic 6.1 update for my Sprint Touch. All I want is:
  • WM6.1
  • All the HTC customizations that would come with a Sprint Touch w/ WM6.1
  • None of the sprint stuff that aren't absolutely required for the Touch to be fully functional on Sprint's network.
  • Nothing else besides all of the above.
This is EXACTLY what I want too...
Old 02-10-2008, 10:59 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I'm building a clean custom ROM now.

*edit*....uploading now....give it a try...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17963

Last edited by OMJ; 02-10-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks OMJ!

Should we discuss the clean version here or in your other thread? I'm going to try it right now.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Ok, just tried it. I changed the PagePool to 16MB before installing it. Oddly, right after the ROM installed and whenever I do a hard reset, it still runs that Sprint customization thing though I can't find any of the Sprint customizations after it's done running that customization thing and resets the device. After the ROM is installed and after a hard reset with this ROM there is something in the "Remove Programs" screen in Settings. It's the only thing in there: Customization Customize_tool

Also, there's no easy to access task killer now like the one in the stock Sprint ROM for the Touch (the drop down menu on the top right of the today screen that lets you close programs or the one in the start menu in the other WM6.1 ROM). I really preferred the task killer in the stock Sprint ROM (the drop down menu at the top right corner of the today screen).

The battery meter is also like the one in the stock Sprint ROM (small battery icon next to where the drop down task killer menu would be). The battery meter in the other 6.1 ROM I tried was a color bar at the very top of the screen. Is that the normal 6.1 battery meter or is the normal 6.1 battery meter the same as the one in the stock Sprint ROM?

So far everything seems good. If possible, could you add that drop down menu task killer to the today screen again? Also, would it be possible to change the left soft-key (normally the "Calendar" key) to the SMS key? Change "Calendar" to "SMS" and make it open text messaging? Finally, the option under the "Personal" tab in Settings that lets us have the big start menu would be great as well.

Thanks again for this!

Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 02-10-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thejinx0r is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
It still runs that Sprint customization thing though I can't find any of the Sprint customizations after it's done running that customization thing and resets the device.

Also, there's no easy to access task killer now like the one in the stock Sprint ROM for the Touch (the drop down menu on the top right of the today screen that lets you close programs or the one in the start menu in the other WM6.1 ROM). I really preferred the task killer in the stock Sprint ROM (the drop down menu at the top right corner of the today screen).

The battery meter is also like the one in the stock Sprint ROM (small battery icon next to where the drop down task killer menu would be). The battery meter in the other 6.1 ROM I tried was a color bar at the very top of the screen. Is that the normal 6.1 battery meter or is the normal 6.1 battery meter the same as the one in the stock Sprint ROM?

So far everything seems good. If possible, could you add that drop down menu task killer to the today screen again? Also, would it be possible to change the left soft-key (normally the "Calendar" key) to the SMS key? Change "Calendar" to "SMS" and make it open text messaging? Finally, the option under the "Personal" tab in Settings that lets us have the big start menu would be great as well.

Thanks again for this!
I never quite liked that task killer, I prefer the SPB pocket plus one.
The colored battery meter at the top of the screen is specific to the person who made the rom.
To change the soft key, its in the settings menu.

The big menu will be in the next version releaesd by old man jenkins.

So, you can wait for the next one or try another one.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I'm specifically talking about the clean ROM he posted.

I prefer the stock battery meter (the little battery icon). I just wasn't sure if that colored one was the normal one for WM6.1.

I don't see any option anywhere to change the left / Calendar soft key.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aryehz2 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
If you've got a Touch and have never flashed a ROM onto it, you've got WM 6.

You can find 6.1 ROMS by clicking on "Search this forum" and searching for ROM.

Please search next time.
Thanks MusicMan. I tried but have not found just a OEM update. I'm afraid to start playing with custom ROMs. I still have one week to decide if I'm even keeping the phone. I don't wan to to chance messing it up.

Aryeh
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue