PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Mustang46L is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
WM 6.1 and Touch Specific Questions

First off I need to say thank you to everyone that has worked to make the various new roms. I am currently running nueROM-Vbuild-104 because I liked that it was basic and worked well. I found most of what I am needing including: Touch Keyboard, Sprint Email, OZ Messenger, Sprint TV, X-Button 2.0... but I am missing a few things.

First off is the Touch Photo Album. I found something similar on here, but it didn't quite work the same. I am looking for the original photo album that you could launch when you went to your camera on the Touch.

Second is the Java program that came installed so that I can have the Sprint Music Store, Opera Mini, and Sim City. I know this won't be high on anyones list, but I wouldn't mind getting my free music collection back.

Next is when I am in PIE, is there a way to map the new "Zoom Out" function to a hard button. It is convenient, but i don't want to go running into the menus every time I want to use it.

Last is that I found the registry edit to change the soft buttons on the Today screen, but I can't seem to remember how to get it to launch text messaging. I know that the messaging application is tmail.exe but I forget the parameters to run afterwards. If someone can help me with this I promise I will write it down this time

Other than that I'm loving 6.1. I can finally use bluetooth ActiveSync which is perfect for my currently unactivated Touch. Free internet all over the house without needing WiFi or EV-DO PocketCM is acceptable, but I do miss the built in contacts application that the Touch came with. I am also very glad to see that we FINALLY have OneNote Mobile. I've been waiting for this since OneNote first came on the scene.

So once again, thanks everyone for everything you've already done and what you'll do in the future!
Compaq H3650 --> Handspring 600 (Sprint) --> HTC 6600 (Sprint) --> Dell Axim X51v --> HTC Mogul (Sprint) --> HTC Touch (Sprint) --> HTC Diamond (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) --> Palm Pre (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Old 02-03-2008, 01:32 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
First off I need to say thank you to everyone that has worked to make the various new roms. I am currently running nueROM-Vbuild-104 because I liked that it was basic and worked well. I found most of what I am needing including: Touch Keyboard, Sprint Email, OZ Messenger, Sprint TV, X-Button 2.0... but I am missing a few things.

First off is the Touch Photo Album. I found something similar on here, but it didn't quite work the same. I am looking for the original photo album that you could launch when you went to your camera on the Touch.

Second is the Java program that came installed so that I can have the Sprint Music Store, Opera Mini, and Sim City. I know this won't be high on anyones list, but I wouldn't mind getting my free music collection back.
For these you might want to check out this ROM. It's the Stock Touch ROM merged with WM 6.1. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...300#post174300

Quote:
Next is when I am in PIE, is there a way to map the new "Zoom Out" function to a hard button. It is convenient, but i don't want to go running into the menus every time I want to use it.
No idea.

Quote:
Last is that I found the registry edit to change the soft buttons on the Today screen, but I can't seem to remember how to get it to launch text messaging. I know that the messaging application is tmail.exe but I forget the parameters to run afterwards. If someone can help me with this I promise I will write it down this time
Parameter would be -service "SMS"

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!

Last edited by Musicman247; 02-07-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yeah I tried that ROM, but there was too much other stuff there for me. I like to run a pretty simplistic PPC with some extras. I don't need all the add-ins which is why I'm going with the basic setup and adding my own stuff.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:55 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
this is where i found all the cabs that i was missing and wanted.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344533

-deck
Old 02-03-2008, 04:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
this is where i found all the cabs that i was missing and wanted.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344533

-deck

Thank you! That is what I was looking for. I have the url written down at work, but I'm not going in on the weekend just for that Thanks again!
Old 02-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D
If you create a SPRITE back-up before you flash the ROM with the new 6.1, could you just restore 6.0 by doing a restore if you don't like 6.1 or will you just be stuck with 6.1 ? TIA
Old 02-03-2008, 05:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G

dizidi is becoming a great contributor
Did anyone notice that MS Live Search is no longer on the today screen after the 6.1 update? Does anybody know how to add it to the today screen? thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Here is the cab. http://www.mustang46l.com/LiveSearch.cab
Old 02-03-2008, 05:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G

dizidi is becoming a great contributor
thanks 4 the link. Its up & running.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aryehz2 is becoming a great contributor
Where do I find the 6.1 update? also, if my phone says I have CE version 5.2 but it also says windows mobile 6, which do I really have?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue