PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

jlechner is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
No that's not the case. The Sprint EVDO internet modem is built into the MSM 7500 chipset. What you're reading is that Sprint decided that since their internet service was so fast not many people would have the need for wifi.
Oh, well then that makes more sense as to why many people are still talking about this... lol. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

htcphone is a n00b
Apparently if this 7500 has everything activated with optimized drivers, this phone would be a iphone killer. We would have gps,wifi,powerfull mini pc,hd video player, great video recorder with HD. But noooooo..... they us to buy new models every 6 months and every new model has the same technology, ezcept new features are unlocked. Sad and thiefs. If Htc does not fix this driver issue..... then I will never buy Htc. Iphone would be my next step. That thing is truly well build.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

avhokie is a n00b
Thiefs? Get real. You got what you paid for. I'm sure you'd find something to whine about with an IPhone too. BTW, if all those things you want were all available and enabled, you'd complain because the battery life would be 1 hour, or the battery would be so big that the phone would be 3x as thick.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
The IPhone has smoking fast EDGE data. No real platform for development (I know its comming) and many other annoying issues. Its really no different. IPhone could have been so much better too. It could have had 16 or 30 gigs, G3 data, Corporate features etc...

Everyone has a trail period with their phones in which you should be able to decide if a particular phone meets your needs. I did this with my mogul. I was switching from Tmobile and was looking at the Iphone but I decided to take a Mogul for its 30 day test drive and decided it worked better for ME than the iphone once i combined the phone itself with the SERO plan i signed up for.

EVERY PHONE HAS ISSUES.

The Mogul and Touch are great phones whether or not they give us new video drivers. If they do great. If they dont maybe they will at least tell us why they cant. You liked your phone before all this came to light right?
Old 01-25-2008, 12:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
It doesn't have the Wifi Hardware. It has the SDIO interface for it. It doesn't have the antenna for it either.

Buy another phone geesh. Sprint never hesitated to have wifi on other phones that had it.

They are gonna charge the same for data if you have wifi or not.

If you have wifi available it's less load on their network.

Get over it.

Wifi sucks battery down like mad and every device that I had that did have it I never used it because of battery.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

htcphone is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
Thiefs? Get real. You got what you paid for. I'm sure you'd find something to whine about with an IPhone too. BTW, if all those things you want were all available and enabled, you'd complain because the battery life would be 1 hour, or the battery would be so big that the phone would be 3x as thick.
Lap dog.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
you know what, after reading this thread...i am a bit pissed off

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 01-25-2008, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

avhokie is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcphone View Post
Lap dog.
LOL! Yeah, there are plenty of things I wish were better on the Touch (mostly due to WM), but I'm not stupid enough to believe that I should get a high end laptop's features in a 4 in by 2.5 in form factor for $250. Instead of whining so much, go buy something else. No one is holding a gun to your head.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

htcphone is a n00b
Quote:
LOL! Yeah, there are plenty of things I wish were better on the Touch (mostly due to WM), but I'm not stupid enough to believe that I should get a high end laptop's features in a 4 in by 2.5 in form factor for $250. Instead of whining so much, go buy something else. No one is holding a gun to your head.
I paid 499.99 for this touch. And i am planning on returning it because I have had it for only 18 days. I love it and wish i could keep it but ever since i read about this Dorito chip inside instead of the real 7500 cpu, I got angry and decided to take my business elsewhere. And yes its like a laptop honestly.... I remember my first laptop.. it was a 266 celeron chip. this equall almost like it. So your wrong there lappy. =D>
Old 01-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

Jack Everyman is a n00b
Quote:
But they are holding a two year contract to it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue