PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybrf View Post
mine does this as well, but there are no issues with alarms. id imagine its just that the plugin doesnt update when not in use, so when you wake it up it takes that half second to update. seems to be a non-issue
Well I definitely had an issue with alarms. It didn't go off the last 2 mornings lol.

I have it set for 6am. I went to bed around 10:30pm. I woke up around 6:15am and when I turned the phone on it showed 10:30 (from when I had it on last), then it quickly updated to 6:15am and the alarm went off.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Clock on HTC Home will always update after you wake it. The clock is running but the today app is asleep. The real issue is the alarm which should trigger directly off the clock (not what HTCHome displays). So if you think you hav a fix test it with an alarm not by looking at the clock.

Note that "UNINSTALLS" don't always undo all the fiddling they did in the registry (I should know, I've written many install/uninstall programs that didn't ). The only TRUE uninstall is a Hard Reset for some applications (probably most).

Last edited by mswlogo; 01-11-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

ammaralo is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post

Note that "UNINSTALLS" don't always undo all the fiddling they did in the registry (I should know, I've written many install/uninstall programs that didn't ). The only TRUE uninstall is a Hard Reset for some applications (probably most).
My wife's is brand new, she just go it, no programs installed on it. Her alarms don't work, her clock updates after a while, AND she doesn't get incoming calls untill she turns on the screen. This is really bad. Any solutions?
Old 01-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor
get another one
Old 01-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammaralo View Post
My wife's is brand new, she just go it, no programs installed on it. Her alarms don't work, her clock updates after a while, AND she doesn't get incoming calls untill she turns on the screen. This is really bad. Any solutions?
That is a different issue and there is another thread on here about not getting calls/sms/alerts while the phone is in standby.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
The Clock on HTC Home will always update after you wake it. The clock is running but the today app is asleep. The real issue is the alarm which should trigger directly off the clock (not what HTCHome displays). So if you think you hav a fix test it with an alarm not by looking at the clock.

The alarm worked fine, I just set it for 5 minutes out and it went off like it should have.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

JRANGER is becoming a great contributor
I agree but with previous builds I never experienced this problem. I am using 2.1 with the beta HTC Home Customizer. Like I said I might reflash mine device with the old Home plugin and test it.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

JRANGER is becoming a great contributor
What device and what rom is everyone using?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue