PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 05:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800

FatiusJeebs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm the happiest cat alive. Sprint has sent me my Touch to replace my mogul. Simply put...they charge you full price for the Touch and give you full credit for the mogul upon arrival to their warehouse. Basically.....even swap. Talk to retentions.....something tells me that they are well aware of the issues being caused by the Mogul.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800

FatiusJeebs is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
Well I'm careful with it but no more than if I had a protector on, if i put it in a pocket I just make sure there's no metal keys coins etc, anything harder than the screen may scratch.

Sometimes I use the case, but no more than if I did have a protector on.
I'm careful but I never worry about it.

I've seen posts where people were saying the screen was pretty hard and they threw their phone in their pocket with keys and it never scratched.

To me the screen seems like pretty tough material, although it may give you the opposite impression as it kind of bends inward when using but the material itself seems like it's pretty tough.
Screen protectors look bubbly to me. I put my Touch in my posckets without a problem. But, I too also make sure that the only thing in that pocket is the phone.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:45 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511 View Post
Went into sprint tonight with my gf to get her new katanaII, asked the guy for the insurance number so I could get my mogul replaced due to my gf cracking the screen. The guy ended up swapping it out right at the store for a touch!! Didnt have to wait for the mail, talk to CS or ANYTHING. SWEET!! A quick ? for ya'll. I had an extra seidio screen protector from my mogul that fit the screen perfectly, now I notice the sprint one covers the area around the screen too. You think I'm ok with the small one that just covers the screen? or should I put the sprint one on?
my biggest question.....how do u like the Touch compared to the Mogul? I'm trying to decide which to get.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mwheeler1982 is keeping up the good workmwheeler1982 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
my biggest question.....how do u like the Touch compared to the Mogul? I'm trying to decide which to get.
I got my mogul swapped out for a touch due to a technicality. I spoke with a tech support guy about the mogul problems, and he offered to send me a new mogul. Then he sent me over to another department to get it ordered, who told me he didn't have the authority to send me a new one for free. They told me i'd have to file an insurance claim and pay the deductible.

So, I called back up tech support, and spoke with a manager. He saw that I had mentioned swapping out a mogul for a touch and he went ahead with it for my "trouble".

When I knew I was going to be getting the touch in a week or so, I loaded the touch keyboard onto my mogul and refused to use the hardware keyboard to get myself ready. I hit the ground running on the touch and I love it!
Old 12-30-2007, 12:13 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler1982 View Post
When I knew I was going to be getting the touch in a week or so, I loaded the touch keyboard onto my mogul and refused to use the hardware keyboard to get myself ready. I hit the ground running on the touch and I love it!
good idea....can u tell me exactly which keyboard you loaded to your mogul, I'll give it a try on my Apache.....thx
Old 12-30-2007, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mwheeler1982 is keeping up the good workmwheeler1982 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
good idea....can u tell me exactly which keyboard you loaded to your mogul, I'll give it a try on my Apache.....thx
I used this one..
http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...oard-v1-0.html

I got pretty quick with the 20 key keypad. It's really intuitive once you get used to it. I tried just about every soft keyboard out there when I had my mogul, but I haven't found one that I like as good as the one that comes default on the touch.

You'll also find the mogul a little bit more difficult to use the soft keyboard on because there is a bevel around the case, whereas the front of the touch is completely flat.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
Quote:
I love the touch. with the included keypad that is set up like a regular phone pad and uses t9 I can type faster than I did on my mogul. Plus you never have to deal with waiting for a program to switch to landscape mode when you pull out the keyboard. Double the RAM helps a lot too, and if you thought touchflo was cool on your 6700 with all the hacks and add-ons just wait till you play with the mogul. Personally I'm a lot happier with the switch than I thought I would be. I still agree though that if you do A LOT, and I mean A LOT of email then you might wanna get a mogul just for the keyboard, but its not necessary if you can use the t9 keypad.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:39 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511 View Post
To you who arent using screen protectors, are you carrying your phone in your pockets or in a case? I just dont want to scratch the screen and end up with touchflo not working right.
I toss mine in my pocket all the time, sometimes I stick it in the wrong pocket with my car keys. No problems yet other than some pocket dialing if I forget to lock it first.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue