PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

gremstein is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: issue with my xv6900

alright.. i downloaded that file and stuck it on my sdcard, put the phone in bootloader and put in the card.. and nothing. i do know you are trying to help.. but could you please be a bit more specific? i know next to nothing about how these things work
Old 06-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremstein
alright.. i downloaded that file and stuck it on my sdcard, put the phone in bootloader and put in the card.. and nothing. i do know you are trying to help.. but could you please be a bit more specific? i know next to nothing about how these things work
Put it in the root directory(not in a folder) of your FAT32 formatted 2GB or less SDcard. Put the card in your device. Then put your device in bootloader mode and your device will flash the radio.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gremstein is a n00b

how do you know if its FAT32 formatted?
Old 06-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
how do you know if its FAT32 formatted?
Well, just re-format it fat32 with your pc or laptop. The card that came with your vogue would work great.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gremstein is a n00b

loaded it up on the card like you said.. it said loading, but sat on loading and never did anything else.
something else i noticed.. i plugged it into the charger and the battery got kinda warm, warmer than it should i think
Old 06-09-2010, 01:05 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
loaded it up on the card like you said.. it said loading, but sat on loading and never did anything else.
something else i noticed.. i plugged it into the charger and the battery got kinda warm, warmer than it should i think
How long did you let it load?
Try doing it again and wait a few min then soft reset.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Also, try using this radio:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1245986897

That is the Verizon Vogue radio. It is zipped so you'll need to extract it to the root directory of your card. There should be nothing else on that card.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

ha...i caught you. i knew you still had a vogue (strike a pose). lol.jk.

he wont be able to flash a radio because he is not unlocked. only signed rom will work (if anything), which is the stock shipped rom. do you guys have task29 for the vogue? or maybe he needs to use mtty
Old 06-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves
ha...i caught you. i knew you still had a vogue (strike a pose). lol.jk.

he wont be able to flash a radio because he is not unlocked. only signed rom will work (if anything), which is the stock shipped rom. do you guys have task29 for the vogue? or maybe he needs to use mtty
lol!
No I'm trying keep helping the Vogue users! :P

I already linked him to the shipped Verizon rom and he said he tried to flash it but no go.
OP maybe try putting the shipped rom on your card and flash it like the radio.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Yeah, he could use mtty to wipe it but I was saving that for last.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue