PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

gremstein is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
issue with my xv6900

hi, im sorry if this has been covered before, i did a search and didnt find anything on it.
my phone recently stopped working, whenever i power it on, it shows the verizon screen, sits there for a minute, then says "no radio", and just sits on that screen. i cant even power it off unless i take the battery out.
I have tried hard resets, taking the battery out, and even doing the reformat, but it still wont work. does anyone have any thoughts?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:19 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: issue with my xv6900

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremstein View Post
hi, im sorry if this has been covered before, i did a search and didnt find anything on it.
my phone recently stopped working, whenever i power it on, it shows the verizon screen, sits there for a minute, then says "no radio", and just sits on that screen. i cant even power it off unless i take the battery out.
I have tried hard resets, taking the battery out, and even doing the reformat, but it still wont work. does anyone have any thoughts?
put it in bootloader mode and flash a new radio or rom..
Old 06-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gremstein is a n00b

would you be able to tell me how to do that? im not very well versed on how phone stuff like that works

EDIT: i found the way to get it into bootloader mode, by hitting power, camera, and reset at the same time.. but this does not appear to work, as it just goes right back to the same screen which says "no radio"

Last edited by gremstein; 06-04-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
would you be able to tell me how to do that? im not very well versed on how phone stuff like that works

EDIT: i found the way to get it into bootloader mode, by hitting power, camera, and reset at the same time.. but this does not appear to work, as it just goes right back to the same screen which says "no radio"
Download the Verizon stock rom here:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Wh...ogue%20ROM.exe

Put your device into bootloader again (power, camera, reset) and it should say serial toward the bottom. Then connect your usb cable with your pc and it should change to usb. Then flash that rom. After the flash is complete I recommend you hard reset.

Last edited by horndoctor; 06-05-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gremstein is a n00b

ok.. all done with that process. i still get the exact same thing. =(

Last edited by gremstein; 06-05-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
yWirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremstein
ok.. all done with that process. i still get the exact same thing. =(
Hmm...did you do anything before this started? Installed something or attempted to unlock or anything?
Maybe you need to flash the original shipped rom not the last verizon update that I linked you to.

This should be the original shipped:

http://rapidshare.com/files/10745929...RUU_signed.rar

Flash it the same way.

Last edited by horndoctor; 06-05-2010 at 12:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gremstein is a n00b

well it originally came with winmo 6, i upgraded to 6.1 once.. but that was shortly after i got the phone and it worked fine for its entire warranty year. it only recently crapped out on me.. i havent done anything special to it.

i downloaded that file.. winrar says its corrupt and i couldnt complete the extract.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:06 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

go here: http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=2135

and download the GPS Capable Verizon ROM..
Old 06-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gremstein is a n00b

that one did not work either. im starting to think this thing is just screwed.. i do appreciate your guys' help though. i never knew anything about flashing phones before i posted here, so thank you for teaching me something new at least =)
Old 06-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
that one did not work either. im starting to think this thing is just screwed.. i do appreciate your guys' help though. i never knew anything about flashing phones before i posted here, so thank you for teaching me something new at least =)
Are you flashing from the SD card or an RUU? Try using one of the radio's in my signature rename it to voguimg.nbh place it on a freshly fat32 formatted card and place the phone into bootloader. I recommend 3.42.30 radios are not carrier specific so any in the link will work.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue