PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue a.k.a Sprint Touch
Carrier: Cricket

berry_lthird is keeping up the good workberry_lthird is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to berry_lthird Send a message via AIM to berry_lthird Send a message via MSN to berry_lthird Send a message via Yahoo to berry_lthird Send a message via Skype™ to berry_lthird
LMAO @ this entire thread!
Latest Exploits:
--Sprint HTC Touch Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon InPulse with WAP, MMS, Java, EVDO Rev. A, and GPS (Ghettofreeryder's Vista 7 ROM with 3.35 Radio)
--MOTOKRZR K1m Dual NAMs on Cricket and Verizon pre-pay with WAP, MMS, and Brew

My LG VX9900 enV to Cricket Tutorial

Next Hijacks: Helping to liberate my MetroPCS bretheren!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul ppc 6800 & Touch
Carrier: Sprint

kcaegis45 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj808 View Post
dude... Sprint has a commercial for the touch that I've witness like 4-5 times a day
I saw the commercial...it shows Sprint phones in general. It's not a TOUCH exclusive commercial like iPhone. When you see the iPhone commercial, you see what it does and have. When they do that for the Touch, then maybe people will know there are other phones that work on touch screens.
The Sprint commercial is useless.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

clayfu is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmedic View Post
Yep, it's happened to me a few times already. Of course, they're always amazed when I show them that it's NOT an iPhone and that it's a Windows-based device.

Got my first hands-on look at an iPhone last night. It really is a nice looking handset. I especially love the fact that the screen rotates to landscape when the handset is flipped to its side (and vice-versa). The GUI is really smooth and easy to work with. Even has 8GB internal memory. That said, however, there is NO memory card slot, the battery is NOT user-accessible, the speakers are on the BOTTOM EDGE of the phone (weird place!) and you literally can't do anything with it, software-wise. The guy who owns it works for Apple and we spent an hour comparing our two phones. He was pretty impressed with my Touch's size and some of its features the iPhone is lacking. I was surprised at how much smaller the Touch is. We also agreed that it's silly people get the two mixed up because the iPhone has been all over the media and, if anything, should be confused with the iPod and iPod Touch.
you mean the 8gb internal memory is a problem since we seem to only be able to use 4gb mini sd cards?

The iphone has a nicer screen, a larger screen, and so much more responsive. Like i always say, if the Iphone was on any network other than ATT i'd sell my Touch in a heartbeat
Old 11-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mustang46L is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
I'd sell my Touch for an iPhone if it was on VZW or Sprint and wasn't an Apple product.
Compaq H3650 --> Handspring 600 (Sprint) --> HTC 6600 (Sprint) --> Dell Axim X51v --> HTC Mogul (Sprint) --> HTC Touch (Sprint) --> HTC Diamond (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) --> Palm Pre (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Old 11-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

mark1581 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
I'd sell my Touch for an iPhone if it was on VZW or Sprint and wasn't an Apple product.
I'd sell my Touch for an iPhone if the iPhone supported Exchange ActiveSync, streaming radio, Slingplayer Mobile, RDP, SSH, 3rd party apps (w/o hacking the phone), removable battery, expandable storage, 3G, wasn't an Apple product, didn't require iTunes, oh hell... I could go on forever...
Old 11-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1581 View Post
I'd sell my Touch for an iPhone if the iPhone supported Exchange ActiveSync, streaming radio, Slingplayer Mobile, RDP, SSH, 3rd party apps (w/o hacking the phone), removable battery, expandable storage, 3G, wasn't an Apple product, didn't require iTunes, oh hell... I could go on forever...
Exactly, even if I was going the ATT route I'd get a Tilt anyday over the Iphone.

Well for anybody who watches HEROES, they do feature a cool cartoon style Drawing of the Touch during the Sprint commercial.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj808 View Post
dude... Sprint has a commercial for the touch that I've witness like 4-5 times a day

Maybe that just means you watch more TV than some of us do.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1581 View Post
I'd sell mine too, but not for all the reasons you listed. As far as 3G, EVDO is pretty damned fast, so I guess my question is why would you need 3G?

Come to think of it, I thought 3G was for GSM networks as EVDO is to CDMA?
ActiveStink- who need that when you have iTunes?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

mark1581 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLex View Post
I'd sell mine too, but not for all the reasons you listed. As far as 3G, EVDO is pretty damned fast, so I guess my question is why would you need 3G?

Come to think of it, I thought 3G was for GSM networks as EVDO is to CDMA?
ActiveStink- who need that when you have iTunes?
I thought EVDO was 3G.

Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) != ActiveSync. EAS syncs mail, contacts, calendar, tasks, directly from your company's Exchange server to your phone over your data connection w/o syncing your phone w/ your PC.

Last edited by mark1581; 11-26-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue