PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 10:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch

foryasoul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
That Browser And Album Art On The Itunes Killing Everything Go Ahead And Admit If Sprint Had It I Would Have It But We Gota Settle For The Touch Step Ya Game Up Windows Apple Is Winning
Old 11-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Mustang46L is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
See, that is the problem, people thinking Apple is winning anything. Let me go play some Tiger Woods Golf and some Quake II on my phone while you think about what you just said.
Compaq H3650 --> Handspring 600 (Sprint) --> HTC 6600 (Sprint) --> Dell Axim X51v --> HTC Mogul (Sprint) --> HTC Touch (Sprint) --> HTC Diamond (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) --> Palm Pre (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Old 11-17-2007, 11:17 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foryasoul View Post
That Browser And Album Art On The Itunes Killing Everything Go Ahead And Admit If Sprint Had It I Would Have It But We Gota Settle For The Touch Step Ya Game Up Windows Apple Is Winning
Triumph of form over function, Apple's strong suit for sure.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

sj808 is just getting started
Quote:
Apple is winning?

For people to not recognize the difference between a iPhone and a PPC doesn't show that apple is winning at all.

Thats like me going to someone's house, they have a White Dell laptop and I say "ooooh, nice macbook!"

I agree the iPhone is better on terms of power (800 mhz processor) and thats why that device runs so smoothly. BUT its sad that Apple hasn't use the phone's full potential... on the other hand, Us gadget freaks max out the limits with our PPCs and we get results that are good.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Zyphlin is keeping up the good workZyphlin is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Apple Is Winning Because Their Supporters Don't Know How To Type On Computers So They Have To Make The First Letter Of Every Word Upper Case To Show How Important They Really All. Apple Pwns You Noobz!

[/sarcasm]
Old 11-23-2007, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg
lol you all need to stop compairtng the two phones....you all understand that the iphone does not have any relation to a ppc.
Iphone- fun device used to just listen to music, surf the net, Dvds...etc blah blah we have gone over that a million times.

the ppc is a device that can be programed customized changed to do this and that

For that matter apple is probably winning in sales because there are more people that want a "fun" phone rather than a "device" dont get me wrong i love apple i really do as this message is being typed on a macbook. but i think you all try to compare the wrong things now comparing our phones to say a hummmm blackberry? thats more of a comparison both geared toward the same thing.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
I haven't run into this. Most people by now have seen the iPhone; so there has been no confusion when they see my Touch.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mtnmedic is just getting started
Yep, it's happened to me a few times already. Of course, they're always amazed when I show them that it's NOT an iPhone and that it's a Windows-based device.

Got my first hands-on look at an iPhone last night. It really is a nice looking handset. I especially love the fact that the screen rotates to landscape when the handset is flipped to its side (and vice-versa). The GUI is really smooth and easy to work with. Even has 8GB internal memory. That said, however, there is NO memory card slot, the battery is NOT user-accessible, the speakers are on the BOTTOM EDGE of the phone (weird place!) and you literally can't do anything with it, software-wise. The guy who owns it works for Apple and we spent an hour comparing our two phones. He was pretty impressed with my Touch's size and some of its features the iPhone is lacking. I was surprised at how much smaller the Touch is. We also agreed that it's silly people get the two mixed up because the iPhone has been all over the media and, if anything, should be confused with the iPod and iPod Touch.

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."
Old 11-24-2007, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

drunkinmonk is a n00b
apples and oranges media interface iphone wins-customization 3rd party apps touch. but i have a feeling apple will catch up with wm. still same agruement pc vs mac personal preferences.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
those of you getting asked if you have the iphone....

do you by chance use slide to unlock or iphone launchers???
haha

this hasn't happened to me yet, but im sure it will.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue