PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mseck is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to mseck Send a message via Yahoo to mseck
Yes hopefully that will be the case
128mb sound really good.
My opinion the Touch looks more as a toy. i tried it today and was not impress at all, If you do not like to weight in your pocket just use the pouch or other
Old 11-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
I guess you could say the Touch looks like a toy, but in my opinion it feels alot better built than the Mogul. The Dpad is much better, the rubberized casing is very nice on your hands. The back battery cover is much more solid. If it's lack of keyboard and small size make it look like a toy then I guess it is. It does do everything the Mogul does software wise, and much more stable. The only downside to the Touch vs the Mogul is the amount of screen real estate needed for the Touch keyboard, beyond that I am so glad I switched. If you are emailing all day long the keyboard on the Touch is very sufficient, what isn't is the fact that you'll only be able to read three lines (short lines since you're using the shortest side of the screen) at a time.

The keyboard is very functional once you get used to it.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
It's easy to compare them, but hard to say if one is better than the other. I look at this thread as place to discuss the feature differences to help people make up there mind about which one to get.

-Polen
Old 11-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Threadstarter

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I am waiting for my Touch to arrive. Although I know keyboard will be missed, added speed and reduced weight in pocket (as opposed to holster or fanny pack ) made me move to Touch. I don't use Wifi.

I guess to each it's own.... but Polen I agree with you, we should discuss and debate, and would probably never actually come to a conclusion of a winner for all
Old 11-05-2007, 07:45 PM
N00b

breakuser is a n00b
<p>I will tell you honestly that I will miss the Mogul keyboard. But that fact that I will never get that (memory criticaly low) message due to the Touch having 2x the ram is just enough to make me smile. Sure you can manage you ram with xbutton but I did not pay 550 dollars to manage ram all day long. Im waiting for my Touch, Sprint agreed to swap ou tmy Mogul for it.</p>

Last edited by breakuser; 11-05-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo baby
Carrier: sprint

ricchini2007 is becoming a great contributor
i played with the touch and im cool the mogul is still better more features only thing is the touch is faster but it cant touch the screen of the mogul. people in the sprint store wanted the mogul over the touch.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:39 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Yeah I installed the Touch keyboard on my Mogul...

I don't think I could ever get used to that... I can't use the suretype-like board at all... and XT9 is just too much for me to get used to after all these years of using a keyboard.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:53 PM
N00b

breakuser is a n00b
I would never give up the mogul. But the ram is just not enough! Just today I was looking at some picture with the Touch Album. And had my email open and explorer opene The "bam" again.. :criticaly low memory: Just had enough of it. Bring on the 128 ram!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 3

onthehunt is a n00b
ok.......I am interested in how well the following features work on the Touch.

Bluetooth headset
GPS, (not just E911)
Phone and speakerphone volume
Camera images
MMS picture messaging

I have some problems with these features on my Mogul and am curious if the Touch is any better?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo baby
Carrier: sprint

ricchini2007 is becoming a great contributor
if the mogul was faster it would be better than the touch imo
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue