PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 02:10 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh wow... this is interesting!

Thanks for the info. From a specs standpoint it seems they did try to do a better job on the Touch.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:12 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Also, I'd like to point out that some people are worried about the ROM development, but need to note that it is an entirely different device, therefore does not have the same ROM as a Mogul. I doubt they even worked off of the Mogul ROM to develop for the Touch.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mseck is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to mseck Send a message via Yahoo to mseck
hey guys

i do not think the mogul should be compared to the Touch, The Touch is more for people that i like multimedia surface, toy to mess with compare to the Mogul for business people like myself, i use my mogul all day long and the easy key to type make my life a lot esayer. i know the ram suck but what can you do . EVEN the touch is not the perfect PPC

The touch is just a competition for the Iphone
That's what i think

Thanks
Old 11-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Threadstarter

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up

Fair point.

But I think the bottom line should be the performance. If the Touch is way faster than Mogul, then I am all for it.

I have been using PPC for about 9 years now, and they never came with keyboards ealier. So using he 6700 and 6800 did make life a bit easier when texting, but overall I would love to loose the weght in my pocket even though I will loose the keyboard. And Touch has done a great job at using alternative keyboards (soft-touch-screen).

No one is forcing anyone to move to Touch - but I can tell you it will be a hit.

iPhone never looked exceptional to me, except that the wight and size was lot better than 6700, that I owned at that time. So, if HTC has taken a tip from iPhone, so-be-it !

I am waiting or my Touch to arrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseck View Post
hey guys

i do not think the mogul should be compared to the Touch, The Touch is more for people that i like multimedia surface, toy to mess with compare to the Mogul for business people like myself, i use my mogul all day long and the easy key to type make my life a lot esayer. i know the ram suck but what can you do . EVEN the touch is not the perfect PPC

The touch is just a competition for the Iphone
That's what i think

Thanks
Old 11-05-2007, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

machtenx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to machtenx
I read a review of the Touch on cnet.com and they said the touch soft keyboard is unusable without a stylus. With a screen the same size as the mogul I'm cautious about switching to the Touch. I would love to have the ram and form factor though. I don't need WIFI and if a soft keyboard was usable I'd try it out for sure! Are these things in Sprint stores now? I wanna give it a try
Old 11-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

Polen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPolen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by machtenx View Post
I read a review of the Touch on cnet.com and they said the touch soft keyboard is unusable without a stylus. With a screen the same size as the mogul I'm cautious about switching to the Touch. I would love to have the ram and form factor though. I don't need WIFI and if a soft keyboard was usable I'd try it out for sure! Are these things in Sprint stores now? I wanna give it a try
Yes, unless they sold out.

-Polen
Old 11-05-2007, 12:38 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
I doubt they sold out. I was at two different Sprint Stores yesterday for a long time at each, and I didn't see one of them being sold. Everyone was freaking out about that Palm Centro...which I played with, and was not impressed with. It's good...for a Palm.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:54 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polen View Post
Yes, unless they sold out.

-Polen
The store I bought mine from yesterday received 10, and had sold 8 when I arrived 1 hour after opening (I bought #9). Clerk said surrounding stores had none left.

But, if you want to look, they should at least have a demo unit in each store.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:02 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Its hard to compare the 2 as they are focused at 2 different market shares. It really depends on what your needs are. For me, I would have a hard time giving up the physical keyboard and the hard buttons on the Mogul. I use AE Button plus which gives me up to 4 functions for each button. Since the Touch only has a few physical buttons this would slow me down. The wifi is nice on my Mogul, but its not really a deal breaker.

I will stick with my Mogul for now, but it would have been nice if HTC would have upped the RAM to 128mb. Maybe they will follow Palm's lead and have a 6800wx with twice the RAM

Old 11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
I know sprintusers.com has the cab files to install the touch keyboard on the mogul. I think it is very easy to use with your thumb. In fact I type almost as fast on it as I do on the mogul keyboard. It just takes a bit of practice and getting used too.

The thing that bothers me about the touch keyboard is that you dont' have much viewable screen space once you pull it up.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue