PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 12:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: OpenGL Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewwelton View Post
Well i would love to get a TP but by the time I can afford to payoff my contract, or my contract expires, newer phones will be available on bell, which is why i was looking to the TP2. Maybe if bell ends up with the GSM we will get the Superstar or one of the other great phones that are coming. *Fingers Crossed!*
If Bell gets GSM you can get any phone in the world, as long as it's GSM...

But see from what NFSFAN says TP and Tpro2 have the same processor 75001a, but from a spec sheet for HTC...it shows the tPro2 CDMA with a 7601a Processor
Old 07-04-2009, 12:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
If Bell gets GSM you can get any phone in the world, as long as it's GSM...

But see from what NFSFAN says TP and Tpro2 have the same processor 75001a, but from a spec sheet for HTC...it shows the tPro2 CDMA with a 7601a Processor
how can that be?
maybe it's his bell carrier that has done that to the tp2....
Old 07-04-2009, 12:41 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
how can that be?
maybe it's his bell carrier that has done that to the tp2....
That maybe true, if they are going to GSM...the processors are 7201a, just like tPro, but CMDA is different, tPro is 7501a, while tPro2 will be 7601a (it's unconfirmed by HTC, they won't comment on the leaked spec shot)

Also, I will tell the honest truth, no device is worth buying today or anytime unless you are guaranteed a WM7 upgrade for that device...the reason being I'm holding out for SuperStar
Old 07-04-2009, 12:46 AM
VIP Member

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
That maybe true, if they are going to GSM...the processors are 7201a, just like tPro, but CMDA is different, tPro is 7501a, while tPro2 will be 7601a (it's unconfirmed by HTC, they won't comment on the leaked spec shot)

Also, I will tell the honest truth, no device is worth buying today or anytime unless you are guaranteed a WM7 upgrade for that device...the reason being I'm holding out for SuperStar
you are guaranteed that wm7 upgrade with the TP2.
it was everywhere on the net a while back.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:01 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
you are guaranteed that wm7 upgrade with the TP2.
it was everywhere on the net a while back.
Then where is it then Cody? You show me the proof, cause right now all directions point to only 3 devices that are coming out this year to being WM7 capable:

1. HTC SuperStar
2. HTC Star
3. HTC Thoth

Please note that all 3 of these are the 3 coming with 6.5 stock this year
Old 07-04-2009, 01:36 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Then where is it then Cody? You show me the proof, cause right now all directions point to only 3 devices that are coming out this year to being WM7 capable:

1. HTC SuperStar
2. HTC Star
3. HTC Thoth

Please note that all 3 of these are the 3 coming with 6.5 stock this year
I told you earlier broseph,
it was in all of the mobile conference videos of the preview of TP2,
where the unveiling of the TP2 was.
they said it will have the 6.5 upgrade (as it will be shipped with 6.1, but now that 6.5 is complete, I wouldnt be surprised if it comes with 6.5 instead) and then they went on to say that it was verified by microsoft that the tp2 will get the wm7 upgrade.
I'll have to see if I can find that video or some other kind of info for you later.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The X2 gets WM7 =D

***ZEBRAPPC***

zebra cases are for L337 pimps.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:27 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Ok I want to see this video Cody (and I do remember you saying that)
Old 07-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I would like to have the Touch HD. But it probably won't be CDMA.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:59 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Ok I want to see this video Cody (and I do remember you saying that)
lol, I dont' feel like searching for the video anymore.
there were like 40 copies of the mobile world conference tp2 release that would pop up whenever I searched with anything that would even be the remotely-est related to the TP2.
now I can't even find one.
what gives.
edit: okay I found some versions of the video now,
but they're all the short ones. :/
I had the extended one saved in my book marks, it was 45 minutes long,
but it was deleted by the user,
and I can only find 15 minute ones. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
I would like to have the Touch HD. But it probably won't be CDMA.
eh, I was looking at that a while back,
but no thanks.
I'm waiting for a year to see what will be out.

Last edited by codybear; 07-04-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development