PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like this ROM?
Yes 168 68.85%
It's OK 35 14.34%
Neutral 30 12.30%
Not so Good 4 1.64%
No 7 2.87%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 04:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

heresfitz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED 4/6/09] v2.4&v4.1 All Carrier Clean ROMs UP, WDM's M2D Diamond ROM w/ UC

I need help, I am running verizonfull1.6 and live in Arizona, my time zone changes to mountian all the time and screws me up? Any ideas?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

masalma is a n00b
Re: [UPDATED 4/6/09] v2.4&v4.1 All Carrier Clean ROMs UP, WDM's M2D Diamond ROM w/ UC

does the BELL version support voip/internet calling?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

brozono is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresfitz View Post
I need help, I am running verizonfull1.6 and live in Arizona, my time zone changes to mountian all the time and screws me up? Any ideas?
This is an issue with the detection mechanism. CDMA networks pushoud out GPS time + Time Zone Offset + boolean indicator + leap seconds of DST.

Usually this should only be a problem determining between MST (GPS Time, -7, FALSE, 19?) and Arizona (GPS Time, -7, FASLE, 19?). But sometimes they don't even fix this correctly.

In the Sprint Rom you can go into the Phone, then Menu->Options, Service Tab, Highlight Time Synchronization and push Get Settings, Un-check the Time Synchronize With Mobile Network Automatically radio box.

Not sure if this is in a Verizon ROM or not.

The other problem could be an improperly configured base station. You could see if the issue occures in or around the same location.

Pretty much weird one off TimeZones get the shaft. It is even more interesting on GSM with areas like Asia. There Russia might do one thing and another country something else. An efficient algorithm to pick between those is almost impossible.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thejunki is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresfitz View Post
ya go here

In the Sprint Rom you can go into the Phone, then Menu->Options, Service Tab, Highlight Time Synchronization and push Get Settings, Un-check the Time Synchronize With Mobile Network Automatically radio box.

that will work... I live in AZ right by mountain and pacific time zone. This is the setting you need.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

loopdloop is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedz View Post
Network connection is checked. I've tried the USB setting with Advanced and non-advanced. Neither will connect.

If it is any help: if I click on PDAnet's Connect I get an error code 17 which says the modem is busy.

Dave

I had a similar issue - in my case, ActiveSynch was not installed. May have also needed to install the HTC driver... can't remember but I posted in this thread once it worked.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Lurker

jaewang is a n00b

Nevermind.....found what I needed. I downloaded it to my microSD card.

Last edited by jaewang; 05-12-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Well guys, 6.5 isn't probbly coming soon, but as soon as the next build comes out i will make a new rom...

but hint im looking for a verizon diamond rom to try to get tf3d on our devices
Old 05-12-2009, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: Verizon

arianhojat is just getting started

Some issues going from an older whodaman's M2D to this newer one...

When I goto make a New txt message... it used to fill out automatically as I typed the contacts name... But now it doesn't. It goes to another screen where to can pick a contact based on what you have typed so far. Think that is an extra step...

Also System used to have External GPS tab where you can mess with some settings and make sure they handled automatically by Comm Port 4. I redid my QPST settings for Verizon after i flashed this rom. and my GPS doesnt work anymore. Using same Telus IP/Port settings there and in registry to no avail. Will try Verizon IP settings to see if they work (i think they wont, hence why everyone switched to Telus).
EDIT: verizon settings worked for me. maybe Telus is just being bleh right now. but nice to know verizon settings work again.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Hmmm, might look into that....PPCitchen might need to update their carrier files
Old 05-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Lurker

jaewang is a n00b

This small bug exists in v1.6 & v2.4, assume you have a mail account set up, when you open an email the vertical scroll bar doesn't work well. You can't drag the scroll bar up or down. You have to press the UP or DOWN arrow key to go up/down page.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development