PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

AceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue WM 6.1 GPS 3.03 Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gochiefs View Post
Think he meant there was an update to BuildOS. I just got the update myself.
Ah ok, yeah..got that

HOW TO integrate all your custom settings and registry tweaks into a ROM..the EASY way!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

natataka is a n00b

ive flashed mine to the official rom, can i cook a new os with the kitchen or will i write over important stuff and brick my phone. will the new radio and pri keep?
Old 06-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon
Threadstarter

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

as long as you have your phone unlocked it should be fine, as far as pri, that resides in the extrom which our kitchens dont touch. same with the radio, only flash a radio through a carrier rom, i dont think we have tools to pack it yet
Old 06-28-2008, 06:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter_in_WI View Post
With the latest revision and the PPCKitchen updates, I got this to build without any errors. Do you think its OK to try it?
Um.. Has anyone tried this? I would love to give it a go but there does not seem to be much feedback from anyone. I thought that this would be big news getting the official ROM to work with PPCKitchen. What gives?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:16 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Um.. Has anyone tried this? I would love to give it a go but there does not seem to be much feedback from anyone. I thought that this would be big news getting the official ROM to work with PPCKitchen. What gives?
It is great that zeurx is giving this a go, so I commend him for the effort.

Having said that, I am not so sure that there is a great benefit from having this particular build available as an option in PPCKitchen. I say this, because the biggest benefit in this particular release over the leaked release, is the radio. The only way to get the radio is to update via the released executable.

The actual os/sys/xip portion of the rom has the same version of Windows Mobile (5.2.1920. The rom version did update from 3.02 to 3.03 so there is speculation that there were driver updates to improve the interface between the new radio and Windows Mobile.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-28-2008, 07:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
It is great that zeurx is giving this a go, so I commend him for the effort.

Having said that, I am not so sure that there is a great benefit from having this particular build available as an option in PPCKitchen. I say this, because the biggest benefit in this particular release over the leaked release, is the radio. The only way to get the radio is to update via the released executable.

The actual os/sys/xip portion of the rom has the same version of Windows Mobile (5.2.1920. The rom version did update from 3.02 to 3.03 so there is speculation that there were driver updates to improve the interface between the new radio and Windows Mobile.

Best regards,
-boggsie

I'm just really surprised that there hasn't been any response from folks. Especially the PPCKitchen gurus. Since nobody gave me any indication if this even works or not, I gave it a go anyway but it wouldn't even make it through the build process in the kitchen. Oh well.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff

Well... let's just hope their silence is because they are working pretty fiercely on the 3.03 kitchen
Old 06-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon
Threadstarter

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

now i see that there was an update on ppckitchen but looking at the files it has an older date than teh 3.02 kitchen and now a new one was just posted for the 19588 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30508 so is there already a new kitchen or what... and if the sys files havent changed than it should be safe to just past the 3.02 nk.fat in to make this one work and not be 100+ mb download.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:49 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
With all due respect, it won't be big news to me until I see 3.03 posted at ppckitchen.org.

Quote:
I'm just really surprised that there hasn't been any response from folks. Especially the PPCKitchen gurus. Since nobody gave me any indication if this even works or not, I gave it a go anyway but it wouldn't even make it through the build process in the kitchen. Oh well.
I'm assuming the people who developed 3.02 are working on 3.03 and will post it when ready.

Again, all due respect (and kudos) to others working on it and posting their work here.

Last edited by willysp; 06-28-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:23 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
Well... let's just hope their silence is because they are working pretty fiercely on the 3.03 kitchen
When is the last time you ran the updater ?

Best regards,
-boggsie
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development