PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 11:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

gochiefs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue WM 6.1 GPS 3.03 Kitchen

Odd then, cause all im doing is extracting the welcomehead png file, changing permissions, and then adding it back to the rar. When i do that i get the memory error. If i dont do it and just keep it as is, then get the error about access denied on that file.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

AceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I believe that the kitchen DogGuy assembled (Vogue_Kitchen_Tools.rar) uses the entire OS.nb as opposed to nk.fat. Thus, when you run PrepIt.bat, OS.nb is not there and you get a RUU_signed.nbh that is 1kb in size.

... and please don't misunderstand, I bet I know much less about all of this stuff than you do. I was hoping to avoid confusion on folks wondering into the thread.

Edit for additional clarification: As I understand it, the goal of your project is fine as it is - a package to drop into PPCKitchen.org. There is no reason to modify it to work in other kitchens. I was simply hoping to have some clarification so others wouldn't wonder in and think that this package was a direct drop-in for other (non-PPCKitchen.org) kitchens.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Not that anyone asked this, but the info may be helpful: OS.nb IS nk.fat. In other words, one can simply rename the OS.nb (gotten from running prepit.bat) to nk.fat and use it for PPCkitchen. The reason for the size difference is the nk.fat renamed from OS.nb still has a lot of padding to make the file larger and isn't all cleaned up like the PPCK's nk.fat's are. However, that size difference won't really affect the output of the final NBH.

HOW TO integrate all your custom settings and registry tweaks into a ROM..the EASY way!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor

With the latest revision and the PPCKitchen updates, I got this to build without any errors. Do you think its OK to try it?
Old 06-27-2008, 01:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch by HTC

m3Jorge is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to m3Jorge Send a message via MSN to m3Jorge
Lightbulb Re: Vogue WM 6.1 GPS 3.03 Kitchen

Ok so I got the kitchen to work.... Thanks to AceszHigh explination of nk.fat=os.nb

What you need is to replace the nk.fat and boot.rgu from the packaged kitchen. I actually have the kitchen.rar that works if anyone is interested. But I'm at work currently and can't upload to rapidshare....

All I did was using the comand line kitchen ran PrepIT.bat against the official ROM 2.nbh and renamed the .nb file created in the ROM folder to nk.fat. Then I placed the ROM folder created with PrepIT in place of the ROM folder in the Kinchet.rar and BINGO!!!

Unfortunately all files are too large for me to post here but i will upload to rapidshare later on tonite....
Old 06-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon
Threadstarter

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

when i looked at the 3.02 kitchen's nk.nb file was just the begining of the os.nb file to the end of the XIP and padding to finish the 7mb file. i took out the extra padding and xipport worked for it, but then the access denied error... and what are the differences in the boot.rgu files?

edit: when you updated ppckitchen with the updater did you have to modify the the 3.03 kitchen

-mobile-

Last edited by zeurx; 06-27-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3Jorge View Post
Ok so I got the kitchen to work.... Thanks to AceszHigh explination of nk.fat=os.nb

What you need is to replace the nk.fat and boot.rgu from the packaged kitchen. I actually have the kitchen.rar that works if anyone is interested. But I'm at work currently and can't upload to rapidshare....

All I did was using the comand line kitchen ran PrepIT.bat against the official ROM 2.nbh and renamed the .nb file created in the ROM folder to nk.fat. Then I placed the ROM folder created with PrepIT in place of the ROM folder in the Kinchet.rar and BINGO!!!

Unfortunately all files are too large for me to post here but i will upload to rapidshare later on tonite....
Yeah no problem. It's real simple to make a kitchen compatible with PPCKitchen (though it took me a LOT of trial and error until someone finally enlightened me to the fact that os.nb=nk.fat). Just run prepit on your donor NBH (personally I use JD's \sys and \OEM from his hybrid rom kit) to get the necessary parts and rename 2.nb to nk.fat like you said. Then make the proper .txt config files for ppckitchen...or do it the lazy way like I did and take a previously made kitchen (such as vogue 3.02 gps for ppckitchen) and just delete the old \ROM, SYS, and OEM folders from the .rar and drop in your new ones!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch by HTC

m3Jorge is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to m3Jorge Send a message via MSN to m3Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeurx View Post
when i looked at the 3.02 kitchen's nk.nb file was just the begining of the os.nb file to the end of the XIP and padding to finish the 7mb file. i took out the extra padding and xipport worked for it, but then the access denied error... and what are the differences in the boot.rgu files?

edit: when you updated ppckitchen with the updater did you have to modify the the 3.03 kitchen

-mobile-
Honestly I didn't look to see if there were diffrences in the boot.rgu, but I figured since I was changing one might as well change the other.

I did my changes before knowing of an update to the ppckitchen...

I've updated the kitchen with the updater now... i will try with your original .rar and let you know if that works....
Old 06-27-2008, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I don't see a 3.03 vogue kitchen update for ppckitchen?
Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

gochiefs is a n00b

Think he meant there was an update to BuildOS. I just got the update myself.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon
Threadstarter

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

you wont see it in the updater, what i was thinking is theres a step that says you can skip this step but things may not work... so maybe its that that needs to be done... and if any part of the OS or xip is different then the kitchen may/may not boot or if it does may have an older sys/xip than what should be running.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development