PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
Based on your argument, we might as well get some use out of it too. It's not fair that only THEY can use our GPS. Besides, assuming what you say is true, I'm awfully boring to track and I'm sure the gov't has something better to do than track an honest taypayer like me.
ever wonder if the govt wants to just track us to play games like in the movie "Rat Race" or maybe they want to track us to issue speeding tickets with out having to have photo radar or a cop with a radar gun.... it puts a gps in the next onboard engine control unit (ECU) or in the nav or both and says ok you went from here to here and the speed limit is 40 mph you did it in x amount of time so you went over the limit by y amount so here is your ticket and it has been charged to your credit card of choice... Thank you speed again...

Last edited by dzuchowski; 06-30-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

What heck does this have to do with the new sprint rom.

Can we close this thread start some seperate technical discussion on the rom. Like one on installing, another on bugs, another on gps tuning, and perhaps another on govt tracking.

I really like to keep up on issues and features of the current rom but it's impossible to do, unless I skip work and read through all the junk in this thread.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:02 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzuchowski View Post
why do people care so much about gps on their phone? What about privacy issues? The government and sprint can track us at all times even when the battery is removed because their is a button battery that keeps those functions powered along with the time and date also. I say until sprint replaces gps with a public transit gps where it tracks public transit so you know when the next bus is and when it is due, then i will get all warm and fuzzy and make sweet sweet gps to my phone....
Who told you that Mulder or Skully..... lol
Old 06-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
Who told you that Mulder or Skully..... lol
the little grey men from the starship with big lights...
Old 06-30-2008, 12:12 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
yeah you can't believe them .... they are the same dudes that over charged me on my bill
Old 06-30-2008, 12:16 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
I guess many don't realize that OBD-III has the vehicle_speed saved and is often retrieved by LEO/Insurance Adjusters at or immediately following more serious accidents ... situations that warrant this invasion of privacy is determined by the LEO/Insurance Adjuster without consultation of the vehicle owner.

With cellular communication becoming more and more ubiquitous on newer vehicles, it's only a matter of time before the insurance lobby uses their power ($$) to influence congress and automakers to connect the OBD-III functions to the cellular functions ... I am presuming that this hasn't already taken place. Of course, when this happens it won't be wrapped in the invasion-of-privacy banner, it will be touted as some type of safety measure to protect, etc., etc.

back on topic ... I think that the phone owner can turn-off the location feature, which prevents tracking from taking place. I believe this is the Location setting in the phones control-panel setting applet.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I guess many don't realize that OBD-III has the vehicle_speed saved and is often retrieved by LEO/Insurance Adjusters at or immediately following more serious accidents ... situations that warrant this invasion of privacy is determined by the LEO/Insurance Adjuster without consultation of the vehicle owner.

With cellular communication becoming more and more ubiquitous on newer vehicles, it's only a matter of time before the insurance lobby uses their power ($$) to influence congress and automakers to connect the OBD-III functions to the cellular functions ... I am presuming that this hasn't already taken place. Of course, when this happens it won't be wrapped in the invasion-of-privacy banner, it will be touted as some type of safety measure to protect, etc., etc.

back on topic ... I think that the phone owner can turn-off the location feature, which prevents tracking from taking place. I believe this is the Location setting in the phones control-panel setting applet.

Best regards,
-boggsie
with obdiv on the way the state can send a signal to your car so that it wont start if you have an license that is not valid for some reason, like no insurance.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

Quote:
with obdiv on the way the state can send a signal to your car so that it wont start if you have an license that is not valid for some reason, like no insurance.

are you kidding? that sounds like a rumor... or lest i hope so.

i would like to see some obd interfacing with our cars via our phone.
so far i got my rom tweaked and stripped as best as i can thanks to dharvey.
biotouch is still running and sucking resources.. any idea on how to disable or remove that? biotouch and touchflo are two completely different things right?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Banned User

i installed the windows mobile 6.1 from this forum and need to place the orginal one back on... what do i need to do to down grade. I know the orginal rom does not have gps on it and has a different boot loader also.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

JacobWW60 is keeping up the good workJacobWW60 is keeping up the good work

The only way to downgrade I think would be to use the official kitchen. You can choose your OS from it.

And by the way, those of you that laugh off the idea of being tracked by the government with your phone, keep laughing. Most of us have nothing to hide, but in the end it is still a violation of our rights. Guilty before innocent...right?

"We know you haven't done anything wrong yet, but we're gonna go ahead and track you anyway to make sure you don't."

And don't think they need a GPS in your phone to do it either. They already know what you purchase every time you swipe that credit card, and they know where you bought it from. Next time you take a drive go ahead and count all the cameras you see at stoplights. They aren't always there to watch your speed, sometimes it's just to watch you period. The government admits to all of this too.

9-11 was an inside job.

Last edited by JacobWW60; 06-30-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development