dzuchowski
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I guess many don't realize that OBD-III has the vehicle_speed saved and is often retrieved by LEO/Insurance Adjusters at or immediately following more serious accidents ... situations that warrant this invasion of privacy is determined by the LEO/Insurance Adjuster without consultation of the vehicle owner.

With cellular communication becoming more and more ubiquitous on newer vehicles, it's only a matter of time before the insurance lobby uses their power ($$) to influence congress and automakers to connect the OBD-III functions to the cellular functions ... I am presuming that this hasn't already taken place. Of course, when this happens it won't be wrapped in the invasion-of-privacy banner, it will be touted as some type of safety measure to protect, etc., etc.

back on topic ... I think that the phone owner can turn-off the location feature, which prevents tracking from taking place. I believe this is the Location setting in the phones control-panel setting applet.

Best regards,
-boggsie
with obdiv on the way the state can send a signal to your car so that it wont start if you have an license that is not valid for some reason, like no insurance.