PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
Re: Vogue GPS 3.02 Kitchen (w/ NEW Sprint Leaked ROM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post

Vogue GPS 3.02:

-First release
-Based on Official Sprint 3.02.651.2 WM6.1 ROM
-You will need to unlock with Coke 2.31 and have radio 3.35+
-Original ROM found by halfdriven
-PPCKitchenified by colonel00 and tiermann

The "updated gps drivers" thread does not apply to this ROM. Not needed.
=====
If you havn't already installed BuildOS: BuildOS Installer

Vogue kitchen is available from the Updater or manual downloads.

====== Various updates to the OEM packages directly from the original Sprint ROM
-Added Opera 8.6 (from Sprint ROM)
-Added newer Vogue dialer (Includes SmartDial)
-Added newer HTC Home (5 button which includes it's own icon set)
-Added Sprint Music Store (Requires Java)
-Added SprintTV for Titan and Vogue
-Added LongPressEndKey (Vogue Only)
-Updated Adobe Reader
-Updated 6-button Comm Manager (Vogue and Titan)
-Updated TouchFlo/BioTouch (Vogue Only) Use this version for all other Vogue kitchens.
--Added additional carrier skins for Cube.
-Updated HTC Enlarge Startmenu
-Updated HTC Zip
-Updated Voice Recorder
-Updated HTC Task Manager (Xbutton)
-Updated HTC Touch Keyboard
--Works on Titan as well now with word completion and correct layout.
--This includes new full qwerty layout as well as the older layouts.

Vogue 3.02 Kitchen Issues (Overview):
-TCPMP OEM does not work right now. Use a cab. (Fixed for next update)
-SPB Calculator OEM not working. (Fixed for next update)
-MS Voice Command 17919 not working. Use 19209.
-Touchpal 3 not working. Use a cab.

See here for other compatibility issues/fixes.

========

Special thanks to halfdriven for finding this

============================

Original ROM: http://ppckitchen.org/misc/V3.02.rar
Password: NotTilRelease
Contains: RUU_Vogue_4350_PPST_SpeciallNBH_SPRINT_WWE_3.02.65 1.2_Radio_435011_3.37.15_AM_NV_SPCS_1.33_0823_Test .exe

Attached is a missing dll that Sprint forgot to put in. Add it to \Windows after flashing. Already included in the kitchen.

==============================

If you are having issues with Slide2View, extract and copy AC_GL.dll found below to \Windows.

==============================
Let me start off my saying WTF GOD DAMN THAT WAS HARD! lol what a pain in the A$$... For a while there my friends phone was totally bricked~!@@@@!@!! and the battery was only charged to about 60% and dieing... so I had to race to figure out how to unbrick it before it was completely dead.... cuz theres no way to charge it back once its dead (basically).... and why? why did I try to install the original un altered file as is not knowing it would tottaly brick the crap out of his phone? anyway searching all over the fourms for help... I found help from other resources addressing bricking caused other ways... anyway with thos I came to the conclusion that I needed to export the .exe file with winzip! then change the 2.nbh file to VOGUIMG.NBH and putting it on the memory card and basically continuing the flashing process from the memory card... now..... maybe later, after I get home and can get my thoughts together I'll be able to explain in greater detail... but knowing me ... maybe not.... im not good at writing professional walkthrus like some of the more well known and respected members here lol.... especially now... i haven't quite recovered from the anxiety from the bricking just yet... not my first bricking rebound... but this was a uber brick because of the battery issue lol...
Old 05-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Jim that PPST.EXE file updates the Radio portion of the phone. Even though this is a good and novel idea, it would I think cause problems with people that are not on Sprint accidentally updating/messing up their radios by inadvertantly running the update.

As it stands the kitchen only updates the OS portion of the phone, so even if you forget or make a mistake on selecting the right carrier, you only have to rerun the kitchen choosing the right carrier to fix it.

If you made a mistake with the radio, well the kitchen can't easily fix that, you'd end up having to search the forums for a official rom for your carrier to revert the changes made to your radio/phone portion..

Get my drift?

-CC
ah i see. after reading the first part of that i was just going to request putting the ppst.exe in the sprint carrier selections, but since the kitchen only deals with os right now (had forgotten this), that would probably be more work than it would be worth, plus yes it would brick other carriers phones if they accidentally clicked sprint.

thanks for the prompt, courteous, and informative response now i understand.

jim.

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 05-15-2008, 12:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6900(Vogue) - 7380(Rodium)
Carrier: Sprint Sero,500 free:5pm,6pm,pam,100bonusmins,unl

res22fbz is a n00b

Has anyone noticed lower upload speeds in the leaked rom, i have been using the original gpstest rom and my speeds usually were 1500/500 but now 2000/170 download is great but the latency has gone up and upload has drooped but the GPS is GREAT!!! I get about 10 satellites in my house!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Was xv6700...now xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

javo419 is a n00b

So it seems I'm the odd man in this forum being with verizon and 99.99% of the post here are people with Sprint. Has there been a few success stories with flashing the leaked rom then the kitchen for verizon. Just picked it up the other day and I wanted to get this gps working, but would like to hear a few other successful people before I give it a whirl.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

mr.jcarter is becoming a great contributor

Is anybody else having trouble running JiveTalk after installing a cooked ROM from this kitchen?
Old 05-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by javo419 View Post
So it seems I'm the odd man in this forum being with verizon and 99.99% of the post here are people with Sprint. Has there been a few success stories with flashing the leaked rom then the kitchen for verizon. Just picked it up the other day and I wanted to get this gps working, but would like to hear a few other successful people before I give it a whirl.
There are all carriers here. Flash away, but don't let the customizations run if you aren't Sprint. Better yet, use the new 3.02 kitchen and you can build a Verizon rom.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

DbLoCk3NiNe is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to DbLoCk3NiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.jcarter View Post
Is anybody else having trouble running JiveTalk after installing a cooked ROM from this kitchen?
Yea I am, I wonder if anyone has found out why it isnt working on cooked ROMs. I had no problem with it on Derek's ROM and I really would like to use JiveTalk, since IM+ doesn't work on any of the ROMs using the 3.02 ROM.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

lowdee is a n00b

I have just flashed this rom and everything seems to be going well; ran the ppst.exe again from windows folder after letting customization run on initial flash and GPS is INCREDIBLE!!! Best/fastest locks ever... However; I have encountered one big problem... Every time I go to edit something in the registry I get "Access is Denied" followed by "Cannot write value data. try again"... I'm trying to do some registry tweaks for the battery/power management and other things of the sort and keep getting this error... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Lurker

y2martt is a n00b

I installed this ROM and still cannot get my gps work, any suggestions would help
Old 05-15-2008, 11:27 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2martt View Post
I installed this ROM and still cannot get my gps work, any suggestions would help
depending on your carrier, this thread may be of help

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26410

right now, it appears that Sprint and Altell are supported via the discussion in that thread

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development