PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 09:25 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Are you deleting (overwriting for ppckitchen) the duplicate .dll files out of the ROM or out of the OEM. I delete the duplicates out of the rom... The base I'm running is the new Sprint release. I know OMJ uses this too. I can' t duplicate the problem. What rom are you trying it with?

So...you've had this cab-only trouble before.... Yep, you'll need the registry portion too and I don't do artzy, so I have no clue where to point ya...Try to search the registry for one of the "unique names" from your dialer, then export that key with CeRegEditor. Use Notepad and copy the entries from your exported file into the RGU file of the OEM.... Maybee dharvey can help ya with the key location....
I am using the ppckitchen and the new 19588 base. I am not prompted for any overwriting accept for the dialer and themes. I was not prompted to delete anything else. Maybe just a glitch but has happenned in several builds using the same base. Not really a big deal all I have to do is cycle through the keyboard in order to bring it back. Just weird thats all. Just thought I would ask....
Old 07-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

Quote:
You could, but buildos may not like it. Here is how I would approach it. Open the RGU file from that winmogreen dialer skin, cut and paste all the contents from that file into the RGU of the OEM I made for ya. That way you don't need to worry about creating a new GUID and all that jazz.

edit: Buildos (or any kitchen) looks for the GUID in an OEM in three places. The *.dsm & *.rgu file on a build, and the option.xml when opening Buildos. But buildos doesn't like it when you borrow a GUID identifier and it finds it twice...
I tried my idea exactly to your directions an there was a default hv and som other hv error it just wouldn't let me finish building
Old 07-08-2008, 10:12 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer_Moore View Post
I tried my idea exactly to your directions an there was a default hv and som other hv error it just wouldn't let me finish building
Make sure you have 2 blank lines at the bottom of the RGU file...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Make sure you have 2 blank lines at the bottom of the RGU file...
like just hit enter twice?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:41 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Yep, that is the way buildos likes it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:50 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Its like pulling that battery when flashing a no2chem ROM. So simple, yet required !!!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

still no worky
Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
still no worky
attach the oem here, with all your edits and I can look at it. And let me know which kitchen your using...
Old 07-08-2008, 05:14 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
still no worky
OK, let's create a down-n-dirty franken-oem...

Extract that green-dialer OEM out of the ppcgeeks_oem.rar to your USER_OEM directory and make the following changes to the OEM:

1. change the GUID's
2. Edit the name of the OEM
3. Copy your png files into the new OEM

Here's how:
1. There are 3 places the kitchen needs the GUID. The option.xml, the DSM and the RGU. I don't have my laptop so bear with me...Say the RGU & DSM are named:
813fd1d1-ca6e-4bcd-96d2-c97fb99bd535.??? What you want to do is rename the RGU and DSM to:
813fd1d1-ffff-4bcd-96d2-c97fb99bd535.???

See how the 9th - 12th hex numbers changed? Also edit your option.xml with notepad.exe and change the same 4 hexcharacters there. While in your option.xml file, change the name of your OEM to what you want.

2. Don't forget to change the directory name of your OEM so you know it's yours. I keep it close to what you changed the name to in the .xml file.

3. Now copy ONLY the png files from your dialer OEM i created and overwrite the existing ones.

Now you have successfully created a franken_oem! And it should cook up lovely. If you have troubles let me know and I can get to it.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-08-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ill try it when i get ghome rstoyguy you are what makr this site great
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development