PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

wow... this is very informative and helpful... and a great tutorial, on just getting familiar w/ the kitchens, ive been interested in building roms myself down the line, and while I fully understand that is not what this tutorial is about, its a great starting lace for me to get familiar, and start customizing my own roms etc... and maybe even do a lil experimenting... and from here... ill just keep learning! Thanks a lot rstoyguy
Old 12-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Advance Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
So basically each new version that comes out is essentially a new SYS correct?

And if you had your druthers which SYS have you found the most stable?

Steve
There are 3 parts o each new build: XIP, SYS, drivers.

Obviously, drivers are hardware specific, and they don't port well. XIP and SYS, are for the most part portable. New builds consist of some vintage of drivers combined with an updated xip and sys. Porting a SYS is trivial, porting a XIP a little less so.

As a general statement, test builds are slightly unstable and shipped builds are all of roughly the same stability. Except for apache and titan, which have horrible stock roms, stock and shipped builds have comparable stability.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:21 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I accidentally found this thread while searching for something else. If it weren't for this tutorial I would have never had the guts for this. I tried to use the kitchen in the Diamond thread and found it VERY intimidating.

This tutorial shoud be stickied in all of the upgrade forums that it pertains to because it really would help a lot of the new people and the chickens like me.

Thanks so much! I had to flash my phone 5 times to get it right, but I learned so much. I can't say thank you enough!=D>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:06 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
I accidentally found this thread while searching for something else. If it weren't for this tutorial I would have never had the guts for this. I tried to use the kitchen in the Diamond thread and found it VERY intimidating.

This tutorial shoud be stickied in all of the upgrade forums that it pertains to because it really would help a lot of the new people and the chickens like me.

Thanks so much! I had to flash my phone 5 times to get it right, but I learned so much. I can't say thank you enough!=D>
I thought I was clinging to the "old tools".. I have thought about updating this and re-writing it and posting in the diamond upgrade forum. But I too found the kitchens there might be a little difficult to understand by new users. I'm still learning all the ins and outs of the diamond, but I may just rewrite this tutorial and add in a couple of new topics. We'll see what happens...

Old 12-14-2008, 04:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Everytime you run PrepIt.bat, it removes most of the folders in your kitchen directory, including OEM and SYS. PrepIt.bat also will recreate these folders by the time it is done. This assures an accurate 'decompilation'. I keep two additional folders with OEMS. One I have all the PPCKitchen OEM's, and another I keep in a folder dons_oems. (both are outside the kitchen folder) This is where I keep the ones I always add to a rom. This saves time and I'm sure to get all the programs I use. You do have to check the SYS folder to make sure there are no duplicates.

Mine will not recreate those folders and i dont understand using JD rom
Old 12-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I thought I was clinging to the "old tools"..
You are!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
Which kitchen? What'd you find intimidating?
Quote:

You found reversing a rom to a generate a batch file kitchen that you then had to add OEMs to easier than just starting with a kitchen? Sounds like trying to cross the street via the subway.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

no one have any ideas why OEM and SYS directories dont come back up when i run prepit
Old 12-14-2008, 07:16 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

What rom are you working with and which kitchen? And what size is the rom you are working with?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
What rom are you working with and which kitchen? And what size is the rom you are working with?
JD rom and im using the black raphael kitchen included at the begining of the post
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development