PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 08:07 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
What does the attached screenshot mean when I am running BuildOS? Does it mean that I have a GUID that is duplicated?

Steve
That's a formatting error in one of your RGU files and one of your registry entries. If you look in ..\kitchen\temp\log.txt, at the bottom of this log file it will tell you the OEM and the line # that is giving you the error. It's not always exact with the line #, but within 5 lines usually

Any problems post the RGU contents here and we can help find the error.

Also check out Tutorial: Adding Registry Entries to your Rom (RGU Method) for a few formatting tips.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Re: New Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
That's a formatting error in one of your RGU files and one of your registry entries. If you look in ..\kitchen\temp\log.txt, at the bottom of this log file it will tell you the OEM and the line # that is giving you the error. It's not always exact with the line #, but within 5 lines usually

Any problems post the RGU contents here and we can help find the error.

Also check out Tutorial: Adding Registry Entries to your Rom (RGU Method) for a few formatting tips.
Aha...thanks!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Advance Question

Ok while I am not there yet I know I will want to do this at some point.

Clearly the VZW leaked ROM is built on a lower version than what is out in the PPC Kitchen(20931). How do you inject new OS updates into a kitchen, so you gain the benefits of the updated code, along with keeping the stock look and feel? Is there a tutorial on this?

Steve
Old 12-03-2008, 12:07 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Advance Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Ok while I am not there yet I know I will want to do this at some point.

Clearly the VZW leaked ROM is built on a lower version than what is out in the PPC Kitchen(20931). How do you inject new OS updates into a kitchen, so you gain the benefits of the updated code, along with keeping the stock look and feel? Is there a tutorial on this?

Steve
Yes it was built with the stock rom. I am not one that jumps on the bandwagon of gotta have the latest SYS version in my rom. There is a tutorial over at xda on "porting a sys". I personally have no desire to learn as I will stick with the sys that was tested on my device.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:25 PM
VIP Member

Re: Advance Question

Quote:
Yes it was built with the stock rom. I am not one that jumps on the bandwagon of gotta have the latest SYS version in my rom. There is a tutorial over at xda on "porting a sys". I personally have no desire to learn as I will stick with the sys that was tested on my device.
So basically each new version that comes out is essentially a new SYS correct?

And if you had your druthers which SYS have you found the most stable?

Steve
Old 12-03-2008, 01:28 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

Yep, and I am quite happy with what came with the phone.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:00 PM
VIP Member

Ok not a new problem per say but I am hoping you can assist.

I took the 20931 kitchen, created a ROM, and then de-compiled it. When I try to flash it after I use the build tools my 6900 gets stuck at the splash screen. Any ideas on why that is happening?

Steve
Old 12-07-2008, 11:13 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Never figured that one out, but any rom built with ppckitchen can be decompiled, but cannot be re-flashed. It will get "stuck"....
Old 12-08-2008, 08:55 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Never figured that one out, but any rom built with ppckitchen can be decompiled, but cannot be re-flashed. It will get "stuck"....
So weird...I am going to post in the kitchen thread and see what they have to say.

Steve
Old 12-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
It can be rebuilt, you just need to use a buildos that doesn't have some of the bugs that Bepe's has. Of course, doing what spetrillo is doing (decompiling a rom he himself made) is complete b00nism.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development