PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 03:19 AM
Lurker

deadnight6 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Yeah i am still running into the problem that my computer does not recognize the phone when it is pluged in and i can't re flash this. so i am stuck with a phone that isnt recognized nor will go by the welcome screen.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael CDMA
Carrier: Verizon

xjcracker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadnight6 View Post
Yeah i am still running into the problem that my computer does not recognize the phone when it is pluged in and i can't re flash this. so i am stuck with a phone that isnt recognized nor will go by the welcome screen.
Well........if you read the 'Unbricking Vogue / and downgrading SPL ' thread I posted, you don't use the USB to flash it back. You use a smaller (NON-HC) microSD card (preferably 512mb that might have come with the phone) and format it Fat32 then load a file renaming it VOGUIMG.nbh. After that, get tot he bootloader screen and it will automatically load. No need for USB.

Last edited by xjcracker; 01-21-2009 at 03:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Lurker

deadnight6 is a n00b

Ok i am sorry to be a noob with this stuff. I have been trying.

Steps i have taken i have flashed it. Now i am where it loads to the HTC logo and stands still. From what i gather i am suspose to

1: Format my 512 Mb Micro SD card to fat 32
2: Extract all the files to a folder on my computer
3: Find VOGUIMAG2.nbh and rename it to VOGUIMG.nbh
4: Copy file VOGUIMG.nbh to the memory card
5: Insert the media card back in the phone
6:Turn the phone back on......

This is where i am stuck because it still stays on the load screen in the beginning.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Lurker

xjcracker is a n00b

Quote:
Ok i am sorry to be a noob with this stuff. I have been trying.

Steps i have taken i have flashed it. Now i am where it loads to the HTC logo and stands still. From what i gather i am suspose to

1: Format my 512 Mb Micro SD card to fat 32
2: Extract all the files to a folder on my computer
3: Find VOGUIMAG2.nbh and rename it to VOGUIMG.nbh
4: Copy file VOGUIMG.nbh to the memory card
5: Insert the media card back in the phone
6:Turn the phone back on......

This is where i am stuck because it still stays on the load screen in the beginning.
You need to get to the bootloader screen in order for it to load.

Hold the power button, Camera button, and the reset button and the bootloader screen will be a red,blue,green screen.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Lurker

deadnight6 is a n00b

Yup i am on that i have done that but when i do the computer says that it can't recognize the device that is pluged in. Then i know i am suspose to reboot the phone if i am not mistaken.

5. The phone should display Loading... let it sit there for a minute or so. It will not go past this screen, now reboot the phone.

This is where i am....

6. Extract your official rom (Must be a signed EXE from your carrier, check here)

When i downloaded the correct one and try to run it i get the error on the program error:260

So i am stumped right here.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Lurker

xjcracker is a n00b

Quote:
Yup i am on that i have done that but when i do the computer says that it can't recognize the device that is pluged in. Then i know i am suspose to reboot the phone if i am not mistaken.

5. The phone should display Loading... let it sit there for a minute or so. It will not go past this screen, now reboot the phone.

This is where i am....

6. Extract your official rom (Must be a signed EXE from your carrier, check here)

When i downloaded the correct one and try to run it i get the error on the program error:260

So i am stumped right here.
Since you are loading from the small (512MB) SD card you need not be connected to the computer.

Just disconnect and reset to go back into the bootloader screen and it should take.

Good luck.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Lurker

deadnight6 is a n00b

I am so sorry to bother you. I have reset it and it still is not taking the file i have put in the Micro sd card.

So after i get in the bootloader screen i leave it there for a moment and the loading screen will not go away.

Then i should be able to take the styuls and reset the phone and at that point i leave it and it goes to the HTC logo screen and keeps staying there.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Lurker

xjcracker is a n00b

Quote:
I am so sorry to bother you. I have reset it and it still is not taking the file i have put in the Micro sd card.

So after i get in the bootloader screen i leave it there for a moment and the loading screen will not go away.

Then i should be able to take the styuls and reset the phone and at that point i leave it and it goes to the HTC logo screen and keeps staying there.
Well, that file loads reasonably quick but it can take a few minutes. (Mine took approx. 2 minutes.)

Redo ALL your steps including re-downloading the file and reformatting the card to make sure the file is not corrupt and try again.

Unfortunately, my help is at the end here as I don't have the knowledge to guide you the next step(S).

Hopefully Dette will chime in and save the day.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Cruise
Carrier: Sprint

dhamal4u is a n00b

I did something really dumb and tried to relock using 0.41 Coke and now I can't find a ROM to load onto my Sprint Touch. I can get to the bootlogger screen and I tried using the Sprint ROM but it gets stuck at 29% and the nI tried the Alltell and it got stuck at 41%. Is there a ROM I can put on my MicroSD and get tit to load that way? OR even better get a Coke to load from my MicroSD? Thanks for all the help
Old 01-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 8925

Hangard is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Wonderful thread. I just used the info from post #1 to unlock and then flash an Alltel ROM to my Verizon XV6900 - Worked flawlessly.

Iterestingly enough [to me anyway] that I am able to flash this device using Vista Home Premium 32bit. I was unable to so the same with my AT&T tilt - it would start, but would not reconect via usb so flashing failed.

Thanks again for the hard work and especially the knowledge and time that makes such forums worthy of the time spent reading so much!

Now I just have to get Alltel to allow this device on their network.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development