PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 03:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch/Vouge
Carrier: Sprint

vatoman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cook your own Custom Touch ROM

ok something is jacked up here with the ftp, it keeps dropping out and its not on my side after 6 attempts spread out over time. Could you check you end if there is a connection problem. Thanks

* It got up to 70% the most and usually drops out at 40% tried both IE and Mozilla.

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks..../OMJ/Kitchens/ is the link to confirm for you

Last edited by vatoman; 02-21-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:11 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
Shhhhh! You are telling the secret! lol

Nice simple guide. Don't forget to remind them that if they do run in issues, suggest that they search XDA and here.

Also, I just do buildit at the command line and don't include the nbh filename. Have you given that a shot?
I have never tried to run builsOS from the cmd line.......what cmd do you use? I would assume you set each program you want included to "true" in the option.xml, then just execute buildos.exe from the cmd line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawilliams660 View Post
OMJ,

Working great, just flashed my Touch looking good man.....thanks

cool! just curious, which version did you use & how many OEM's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatoman View Post
ok something is jacked up here with the ftp, it keeps dropping out and its not on my side after 6 attempts spread out over time. Could you check you end if there is a connection problem. Thanks

* It got up to 70% the most and usually drops out at 40% tried both IE and Mozilla.

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks..../OMJ/Kitchens/ is the link to confirm for you
I seen many posts about problems using the ftp, I haven't had any trouble, but it's always best to use a FTP client instead of IE or Mozilla.

Last edited by OMJ; 02-21-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch/Vouge

vatoman is a n00b

yeah that what ill do. I flashed a custom rom to my router, and thought that might be the issue, I was just making sure. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue/Sprint Touch

mrgeoff is keeping up the good workmrgeoff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to mrgeoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
I have never tried to run builsOS from the cmd line.......what cmd do you use? I would assume you set each program you want included to "true" in the option.xml, then just execute buildos.exe from the cmd line?
I was talking about buildit.bat. I only had to type buildit.... not buildit *nameofnbh*

I'm not that l33t to run buildos from the command line lol
Old 02-22-2008, 12:26 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatoman View Post
I flashed a custom rom to my router
What does that mean? TIA
Old 02-22-2008, 12:37 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Doesn't work...I get an error about how some XML file is a duplicate and it can't proceed. Dang.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Verizon

dawilliams660 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dawilliams660 Send a message via Yahoo to dawilliams660

OMJ,

I used this one: Vogue_Kitchen_tools_v107basekit_OMJ.exe and i have DCD-Brle OEMs and I downloaded the OEMs that you have posted, I think I used about 10 to 15 OEMs in my rom...I just need to learn how to make OEMs, I have some software apps that you guys may like, thats why I need to learn how to make OEMs

Last edited by dawilliams660; 02-22-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:00 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
I was talking about buildit.bat. I only had to type buildit.... not buildit *nameofnbh*

I'm not that l33t to run buildos from the command line lol
lol, now I'm seeing things.....thought you said buildos...my bad....I just opened & looked @ buildit.bat....it looks like if your nbh is named something other than input.nbh then you would need to specify the file name.....so no you wouldn't need to type buildit.bat input.nbh, just buildit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwing View Post
Doesn't work...I get an error about how some XML file is a duplicate and it can't proceed. Dang.
yes, this is very common. Many times there will be a file in a OEM that you've added that is already in the dump, you have to delete one of them. Find the OEM that has the duplicate, then delete that file.

Last edited by OMJ; 02-22-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

morpheus6d9 is a n00b

how do i back up my current rom ?
Old 02-22-2008, 05:44 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus6d9 View Post
how do i back up my current rom ?
what is it that you want backed up? If you're unhappy with a custom rom, you simply flash back to the stock rom....

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....NV133_Ship.exe
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development