PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing for TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
They WILL start giving TP2's in exchange for defective TP's once they run out of new and refurb TP's. Just be patient. It will probably won't be until a few months after they stop selling the TP on their website.
You may be waiting a long time for this to happen. Once the TP came out, they had that as the replacement for the Mogul, but I believe that has bit the dust. With so many people trying to get the TP for their Mogul, they have taken the TP off the list and are replacing the Mogul with the Snap. So I wouldn't be to sure this will happen. I may be wrong, and if this does happen, I wouldn't expect it for a very long time, I'm talking as long as they are selling the TP2 possibly, and by then, the TP2 will be being replaced by the next best thing.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:14 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Ott, you are right on man, we go though this BS everytime a new device is released...I am happy with my TP, it does everything I Need and a lot more..that I dont, like HDWOBBLE....lol I have over 100 apps nstalled, I boot at about 34%, cam takes gr8 pix, skype runs well, GV beats everything especialy with Pick 3, internet is fast ...all is good except for the battery. So two spares and a 5 bucks fan at home do the trick. Tethering, TV out.....TP isnt for everyone yo
Old 09-22-2009, 05:36 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Ott, you are right on man, we go though this BS everytime a new device is released...I am happy with my TP, it does everything I Need and a lot more..that I dont, like HDWOBBLE....lol I have over 100 apps nstalled, I boot at about 34%, cam takes gr8 pix, skype runs well, GV beats everything especialy with Pick 3, internet is fast ...all is good except for the battery. So two spares and a 5 bucks fan at home do the trick. Tethering, TV out.....TP isnt for everyone yo
Well i'm glad someone agrees with me lol.. I was wondering if anyone else around liked their TP?! haha.. and HDWobble is pretty much one of the coolest things ever.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ott View Post
Well i'm glad someone agrees with me lol.. I was wondering if anyone else around liked their TP?! haha.. and HDWobble is pretty much one of the coolest things ever.
+1 here for someone who actually likes their Touch Pro. Although, apparently I'm one of the lucky (or maybe just patient) ones, as I'm still on my original TP (yes, I got it as a replacement for a defective Mogul, but my Mogul had a legit issue and Sprint offered the TP thru the self service form online - I would have been happy w/ another Mogul at the time). I have noticed some little issues here and there - most of which are just minor annoyances that I have seen some people get the whole phone replaced over.

I work in tech support myself, for a major computer company, and I'm always amazed at the number of people that expect, and demand, that their electronics look/behave PERFECTLY. Nothing is without flaws, especially man-made items... After-all, how can something that is flawed create something perfect?

Sorry for the soapbox ranting - back to the regularly scheduled thread... I agree w/ Ott and others that have said that it most likely won't happen right away, if ever. In fact, in another thread (or maybe it was earlier in this one, I've read so many like it... lol), a couple of people have stated that they were told specifically that they currently have a policy hold on sending TP2 to replace TP... perhaps they caught on after the Mogul/TP debacle and they ended up w/ a lot of "defective" moguls that really didn't have any problems at all...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:36 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

+1 for liking my TP

Was one of the 1st to get my TP when they went on pre-sale at BestBuy. Have had it replaced once and its been working fairily well. My only major complaint is the speaker volume & quality even with the volume hack/csv. A minor complaint is Sprint's choice to put that fake chrome crap on it. I have chips off here and there making it not look as nice. A nice solid plastic would have been better IMO.

Been unlocked and using custom ROMs on this since the unlocker came out. Was on Mighty 4.x, but upgraded to Silence a few days ago (prior to his account being hacked). Trying out Titanium vs the Manilla and actually liking it better for now. Getting off Manilla allowed me to map some more of my buttons using AEB Plus as Manilla had some locked.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think the TP is garbage...I liked it at first but after seeing all the great phones getting released, I'm just looking at my phone and thinking...man this TP is a piece of crap...it's big and bulky like a brick..the battery life is crap, the buttons on the keyboard feels kind of mushy imo, the power and volume buttons are crap, speakers are mediocre, and the screen is rather small...only redeeming factor for the TP is the custom roms, the camera, and the ability to tether which is due to the registry hacks within windows mobile..
Old 09-22-2009, 08:11 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude I hear ya, man before said it well, there is no perfect phone that will suit everyone. For exemple, if you are into looks you can get a blonde, sorta like the iphone nomsayin cant tether , cant do isht...but looks slim and good.Your call, but saying TP is garbage is garbage man.lol. How could it be if you can tether and take good pix
Old 09-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

I want Sprint to replace my TP 2 with a TP 3 because my tilt mechanism has 3 mm of play. My wife's TP 2 only has 1 mm of play. This is completely unacceptable. I've been a customer 10 years. I want a free upgrade!

I think you can detect my sarcasm. I owned 2 TP's & have since bought replacement TP 2's. I take offense to people who seem to think they are entitled to get a considerably upgraded phone because of issues they have experienced.

Personally I would offer you another brand of device. It's apparent HTC is not living up to your standards. we can replace it with a similar device made by a different company...

Last edited by SolApathy; 09-23-2009 at 03:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

leoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leoiden

we need inside facts someone who actually works for sprint to explain ?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:03 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoiden View Post
we need inside facts someone who actually works for sprint to explain ?
what exactly r u looking for? haha, what kinda question are we asking sprint employees?

Last edited by ott; 09-22-2009 at 10:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
dead, keyboard, phone, touch pro, tp