PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: USER OPIONION: whats the absolute BEST tp rom?

I vote for Energy ROM. It's fast and responsive, looks very decent, and it's been 26 hours since I took it off the charger and still have a 73% charge.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 09-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Honestly, the best method that I can think of in determining which one works best for you personally is by using one ROM for one week, then flash to a different ROM and see how that one works for you for another week, then so on and so on. Personally, I've been using MightyROM 5 for a while, and I just switched to MightyROM 6. I'm probably going to try EnergyROM next, but it varies from person to person.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=516509

nfsfans ROM, i wish i could link the ROM here, but his thread and him were killed here. he is easily the best TP ROM chef EVER. u go download that ROM and you will not be disappointed.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=516509

nfsfans ROM, i wish i could link the ROM here, but his thread and him were killed here. he is easily the best TP ROM chef EVER. u go download that ROM and you will not be disappointed.
I disagree. I ran a bunch of his ROM's up to version
0109 I think it was. Those ROM's had some odd quirks (I always had WiFi problems with them as did numerous other people), but I lived with them as I loved them in other ways.

I have gotten away from his ROM's recently however, as the last two versions have given me pauses & freezes while texting that never occurred in the previous versions & that is one problem I absolutely refuse to put up with.........I tried his latest on all three of my TP's (thinking it might be a hardware problem) & had the same problem on all three of them

~John
Old 09-02-2009, 06:21 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
I vote for Energy ROM. It's fast and responsive, looks very decent, and it's been 26 hours since I took it off the charger and still have a 73% charge.
NRG is good (I am running it on my BU TP) as long as you don't want to play Need For Speed Undercover g-sen (gives the insufficient memory error) & can live with poor battery life & the buggy tachi dialer.

~John
Old 09-02-2009, 06:32 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

kill yourself OP. Do you think you're the 1st person to ask this question? SEARCH!!!!

But honestly...Psyki, NRG, Silence
Old 09-02-2009, 06:33 AM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
26hrs and only 73% charge. Yeah calling bull**** on that
Old 09-02-2009, 06:35 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassith View Post
If you want a loaded rom w/speed and easy on the battery, go w/Merdin's 5.1. I like it because I don't have to hunt down programs that I use regularly and that I think are essential to a rom. I tried a few of the more popular roms and found that customizing them to my likings was not possible.
I am a Merdin fan myself (except it won't run Need for Speed g-sen)

I'm curious about your statement that customizing was "not possible" with certain ROM's.

I have been able to customize any ROM to basically act/look like any other ROM, what was it you found impossible to do??

~John
Old 09-02-2009, 06:40 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
26hrs and only 73% charge. Yeah calling bull**** on that
I agree. NRG gave me the absolute worst battery life of any 6.5 ROM I tested by far.

I installed/calibrated Lumos, did all the battery polling tricks etc etc & still never made it much beyond about 12 hours use with NRG & that's with fairly moderate use.

NFSFAN, Merdin & SAC give super batt life on the other hand (I'm sure some others do also, but those are ones I've tested lately)

~John
Old 09-02-2009, 07:03 AM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I agree. NRG gave me the absolute worst battery life of any 6.5 ROM I tested by far.

I installed/calibrated Lumos, did all the battery polling tricks etc etc & still never made it much beyond about 12 hours use with NRG & that's with fairly moderate use.

NFSFAN, Merdin & SAC give super batt life on the other hand (I'm sure some others do also, but those are ones I've tested lately)

~John
It's not just cause of NRG. 25% in 26hrs? He must have had it in airplane mode and didnt touch it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro