PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

dslmel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can we stop the ROM madness?

So if no kitchen, can cook in da' livingroom over the fireplace?
Radio Version: 1.11.00F

Thanks to all on this site! Awesome Group of People!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
The beauty of many different ROMs is that there is a flavor for everyone. One "unified" rom would be boring, bland, and very much a compromise in many different aspects. If you want a stock rom, just go with the -- well, with the stock rom.

For me, my rom is best, but for others the worst. Mine doesn't have Manila (which I hate and others can't do without), and is a black based rom (some can't see as well and need white -- I hate white keyboards and dialers).

See where I'm going with this..
i hear you but all you are really talking about there is themes.... i think what were talking about is a good solid base os...you can always change the themes... but i got tired of flashing every week to something different just for my phone to work right and not lock up or come to find out a feature that i need to work doenst work. so im back using my stock os vogue lol...

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 06-29-2009, 04:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionsbuckle View Post
i hear you but all you are really talking about there is themes.... i think what were talking about is a good solid base os...you can always change the themes... but i got tired of flashing every week to something different just for my phone to work right and not lock up or come to find out a feature that i need to work doenst work. so im back using my stock os vogue lol...
well if your flashing 6.5 well there is not really a solid 6.5 base out there, every time their is a new build its a better version a more stable version thats why like every week there is a new release some release are just minor fixes while one can be a big fix but right now there is the 21820 which is solid i think but there is supposed to be a 23001 build soon i think that's the number
Old 06-29-2009, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint->Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

sudermatt is keeping up the good worksudermatt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethcom4 View Post
you're a communist.
+1

competition speeds innovation. I just wish there was a meaningful way of tracking, ranking and comparing the various roms..

\/ \/ hmmmmmmmm \/ \/
Old 06-29-2009, 04:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: sprint

sequen is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to sequen

First of all most stock roms are not perfect either example beeing the sprint touch pro rom. I am relatively new to flashing and am thankfull to have these guys building various roms for us to use as an alternative. everyone has a different taste as to what they want on there phones and its always good to have variety to choose from. when i started flashing i tested just about every rom that exist on PPCGEEKS in order to really see who has the best because everyone does claim to have the best rom and i was able to finally find the best rom that fits my needs and works a trillion times better than the stock rom. For me thats "MightyROM 4". so while its good to have everyone work together on a rom its also good to have choices and that seems to be what winmo is about.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

The madness will never end and to tell the truth I dont mine. The only truly stable ROMs out there are WM6.1s and made by ppcgeek's finest and not microsoft's. I mainly use WM6.5s ROMs and that's just cause I dig the new look and just the exclusiveness of it. I knowingly know none of the WM6.5 ROM is madness free. I know if I dont want the madness pin point a juicy or mighty etc WM6.1 ROM{final}edition. Beside all that my name is info[]box1 and I have a addiction flashing ROMs made by ppcgeek's finest no names they know who they are.

Can we stop the ROM madness? Yeah...Let ppcgeek's finest chefs in Microsoft's best kitchen lock them in and tell them money not a objective...I WISH
Old 06-29-2009, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Nice idea but as repeated by many experienced PPCgeeks, it won't happen.

I don't think it is ROM madness. . But even hypothetically, if there was only One unified ROM, I'd probably would immediately stop visiting PPGgeeks and go somewhere else. The variety of custom ROMS is the reason why so many people are here.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Blah to community ROM's. A chef or two working together on one isn't such a bad thing but a community/team ROM just never seems to be all it's cracked up to be. It's been done before and never really takes off well. My best advice would be to make your own in one of the few kitchens posted. It will not only get you ALOT more fimiliar with the ingredients of a ROM but you will end up inspired to customize it to your liking.

I use to make clean ROMs which were about as barebones as anything you ever seen. Plenty liked it and plenty wanted things added. Kinda defeated my point. So I just simply started making kitchen. If you want clean like it like you just dont select a bunch of crap. If you want the titanic then it's just a matter of clicking a few extra times. Easy and simple.

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 06-29-2009, 06:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslmel View Post
So if no kitchen, can cook in da' livingroom over the fireplace?
Personally I BBQ my roms over coals, or if I'm feeling saucy I roast on a spit over an open fire. Preferably with friends at a beach.

Like my work? Hit
Old 06-29-2009, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Blah to community ROM's. A chef or two working together on one isn't such a bad thing but a community/team ROM just never seems to be all it's cracked up to be. It's been done before and never really takes off well. My best advice would be to make your own in one of the few kitchens posted. It will not only get you ALOT more fimiliar with the ingredients of a ROM but you will end up inspired to customize it to your liking.

I use to make clean ROMs which were about as barebones as anything you ever seen. Plenty liked it and plenty wanted things added. Kinda defeated my point. So I just simply started making kitchen. If you want clean like it like you just dont select a bunch of crap. If you want the titanic then it's just a matter of clicking a few extra times. Easy and simple.
Exactly.

Everyone will want something differnt.

Why dont the users come up with a list of what they want and post it, no seriosuly... thats a good idea as well.

Donations always accepted but never expected!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro