PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Alltel/Verizon TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72512)

KillAByteZ 06-22-2009 10:07 PM

Alltel/Verizon TP2

Got word from a ALLTEL rep. here in Texas. She said a guy went in (Im guessing a HTC rep. IDK :scratch:) and he had a TP2 with him. HE showed them all the features it had and that he was going to leave one in the store in a few weeks so a rep. can use it and see what they think about it. I was so surprised when I heard this. Too bad she is not to tech savy or else she could have asked for any specs. :angry7:

*IF this has bein posted some where here already please feel free to remove this thread*

Please don't flame me as Im only tellin you guys what she told me. I will try to get a bit more info for you guys.

slopokdave 06-22-2009 10:33 PM

Re: Alltel/Verizon TP2

Interesting.... keep hearing more and more about tp2's in the wild. I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER FOR THAT 3.6" GOODNESS!!!

codybear 06-22-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slopokdave (Post 990805)
Interesting.... keep hearing more and more about tp2's in the wild. I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER FOR THAT 3.6" GOODNESS!!!

I've heard it's not going to happen for about another 6-8 months.
For verizon that is...

slopokdave 06-22-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear (Post 990821)
For verizon that is...

Thats okay, I'm sprint. :headbang:

codybear 06-22-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slopokdave (Post 990830)
Thats okay, I'm sprint. :headbang:

Boo at sprint! :D
I was going to wait for alltel,
but they wouldn't get it before it officially 100% becomes verizon
(october-november).
And I really don't feel like getting a handicapped phone.
No point in it.
So I'd have to pay retail, and that is just wayyyyy too much for a starving college student. haha.

Noir 06-23-2009 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear (Post 990821)
For verizon that is...

I doubt it will take 6-8 months considering the touch pro release was 2 months after sprint...but then again they may try to milk the touch pro for all its worth =/

codybear 06-23-2009 12:51 PM

verizon always milks stuff out. the call center here didnt even hear about it 4months ago. my friends a manager and would tell me, but ya, he couldnt even find anything about it for the rest of the year, and as far as his release dates go(like 7 months).
plus, it will be gimped, alltel will be verizon by then, and youll just be paying for a special ed edition of the smartphone.

wesscoggin 06-23-2009 01:00 PM

My wife's husbands father's brother's sister's cousin said he heard from his mother's sister's daughter's brother's cousin that his great aunt's brother's daughter's husband's son said it's just going to be another gimped VZW phone when it comes (after all the other major carriers have it.)

entwined82 06-23-2009 01:03 PM

Im so tired of threads like these.

Unless you have a picture of someone holding the TP2 or video of it in use I don't think anybody really cares.

yearn 06-23-2009 01:23 PM

Geeeeez!
The guy was just passing on some info he tjought people might wanna hear about.
you might even say "contributing"
Give him a break.