PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Alltel/Verizon TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72512)

psycho_maniac 06-23-2009 03:14 PM

Re: Alltel/Verizon TP2

dude dont say stuff like that. if alltel does manage to get the freaking tp2 i will go 100mph to the store to buy one without contract or maybe even with one since my upgrade is just around the cornerr.

jmorton10 06-23-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear (Post 990821)
I've heard it's not going to happen for about another 6-8 months.
For verizon that is...

I imagine we will be converting Sprint phones to VZ anyway as you know VZ will cripple it.

~John

codybear 06-23-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesscoggin (Post 991759)
My wife's husbands father's brother's sister's cousin said he heard from his mother's sister's daughter's brother's cousin that his great aunt's brother's daughter's husband's son said it's just going to be another gimped VZW phone when it comes (after all the other major carriers have it.)

don't be a ****.
This guy is reliable.
I can't say names,
and I was just saying where I got my info from.

And I said it would probably be gimped, not the other person smart one.
If you're going to insult someone, get your info straight.
Especially when it's sitting right there in front of you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 992055)
dude dont say stuff like that. if alltel does manage to get the freaking tp2 i will go 100mph to the store to buy one without contract or maybe even with one since my upgrade is just around the cornerr.

They won't get it.
Sorry.
But they won't.
If they do, i wouldn't be surprised if it was Verizon's version.
But considering Verizon won't be getting it for a while,
then Alltel won't get it.
Plain and simple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 992205)
I imagine we will be converting Sprint phones to VZ anyway as you know VZ will cripple it.

~John

Exactly my point.
VZ ALWAYS cripples their phones.
So what's going to make the TP2 any different?
They own 60% of the market now (atleast in US, not sure if that's a world wide number, I don't think it's world wide)
And with that kind of market controll, they can do whatever, whenever.

Thanks yearn.

wesscoggin 06-23-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear (Post 992408)
don't be a ****.
This guy is reliable.
I can't say names,
and I was just saying where I got my info from.

And I said it would probably be gimped, not the other person smart one.
If you're going to insult someone, get your info straight.
Especially when it's sitting right there in front of you.

I wasn't flaming or insulting. I was merely making a humorous commentary about rumors of the TP2. We've all heard them and the fact stands Verizon always lags and always gimps. I wasn't argueing just making a small joke.

boredandtattooed 06-23-2009 07:31 PM

first, HTC rep in TX? HTC is in Taiwan.. MY buddys been a GM ata sprint store for a few yrs now, so i called and asked him, no rep from HTC has ever been in any of his sprint stores, he said he doesnt even think they have a US office or HQ... you did say Altell, but Sprints a bigger carrier(take away VZW from Altell, so id think theyd go to sprint atleast once over the years if they did in fact release demo phones like that..

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 992205)

~John

wasnt there threads the last few days how vzw doesnt allow non vzw devices anymore? or you just gonna hack it over, like most people do for Sprint to MetroPCS?

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear (Post 992408)
They own 60% of the market now (atleast in US, not sure if that's a world wide number, I don't think it's world wide)
And with that kind of market controll, they can do whatever, whenever.

Thanks yearn.

vodaphone the parent company to VZW? i think 60% would be a good numberfor the world wide market as well if Vodaphone does own em...

jmorton10 06-23-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 992552)

or you just gonna hack it over, like most people do for Sprint to MetroPCS?

Yup, I'm already planning on it.

~John

codybear 06-23-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesscoggin (Post 992520)
I wasn't flaming or insulting. I was merely making a humorous commentary about rumors of the TP2. We've all heard them and the fact stands Verizon always lags and always gimps. I wasn't argueing just making a small joke.

okay, my bad.
It just seemed like you were tryin to be an ***.
That's why I hate forums,
can't see the personality in the comment.

I'm like on edge one minute,
and fine the next lately too.
My back is being a *****.
The pain meds aren't working anymore....
I hope they figure out something tomorrow at the follow up.
I can't believe I went in there with a work related back injury,
and they were just like here's some vicodin, here's some ibuprofen,
here's an inflamatory steroid,
come back in a wek and we'll see how it is.
We'll take an x-ray if it still hurts.
Like wtf, If I screwed up my back,
I won't know for a week....
Glad to know they're on top of it! :angry7::angry7:

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 992552)
first, HTC rep in TX? HTC is in Taiwan.. MY buddys been a GM ata sprint store for a few yrs now, so i called and asked him, no rep from HTC has ever been in any of his sprint stores, he said he doesnt even think they have a US office or HQ... you did say Altell, but Sprints a bigger carrier(take away VZW from Altell, so id think theyd go to sprint atleast once over the years if they did in fact release demo phones like that..

wasnt there threads the last few days how vzw doesnt allow non vzw devices anymore? or you just gonna hack it over, like most people do for Sprint to MetroPCS?

vodaphone the parent company to VZW? i think 60% would be a good numberfor the world wide market as well if Vodaphone does own em...

Yes and no,
depends on the representative you get.
One might let you, one might not.
That's what I've been reading more-so with those threads and at other places. Plus alot of people will say that it's a different carrier's phone and they want to activate it with them or give it away that it's a diff carrier's phone during the conversation.
So you never really know if they do track it 100% or not unless you're on the inside.....

Oh btw, you can't take alltel from verizon,
alltel has always been running off of verizon cell towers.
True fact.

190rev 06-23-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 991236)
I doubt it will take 6-8 months considering the touch pro release was 2 months after sprint...but then again they may try to milk the touch pro for all its worth =/

Even with the 2 month after sprint release it never made it to the stores because it was "online only" for another month. Even after it launched everyone was confused on exactly what it had and what verizon crippled. Stores in Cali and Arizona never got it actually in the store!

The launch was extremely poor - but maybe that had more to do with the storm laumch (which was epic fail).

Without the storm this time around maybe verizon will release it unhindered in terms of timing (it's software and hardware will still be molested I am sure).

jeffH70 06-24-2009 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually there are two CDMA versions of TP2 registered with FCC. It looks like the difference between Verizon and Sprint versions might be pretty big this time....

kensig 06-24-2009 12:15 AM

i was at the alltel store today. friend works there and is a beta tester for alltel he just got a new htc phone that looks like a blackberry said he loves it so far. didnt ask info on it i like my touch screen and it does not have one.