PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Alltel/Verizon TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72512)

digitard 06-24-2009 12:56 AM

Re: Alltel/Verizon TP2

Kensig,
That's the HTC SNAP.

I'm an ex-Alltel employee (5yrs w/ the company) so I hollared at a friend (who is also a tester, go me for getting him into that program before I left) and he confirmed the HTC SNAP is pretty nice so far. He's going to give me a rundown in a few days after playing with it more. He did say, though, that the SNAP is a world phone so it is the first non-BB for Alltel that can use a SIM card outside the US.

Anyhow... he also said that he hasn't heard anything yet for the TP2, and he wouldnt' be suprised if Alltel doesn't get it (as non-divested will be Verizon before they have a chance, and Divested will go to the respective groups) before all the mergers happen. He'll keep me in the loop.

codybear 06-24-2009 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitard (Post 993124)
Kensig,
That's the HTC SNAP.

I'm an ex-Alltel employee (5yrs w/ the company) so I hollared at a friend (who is also a tester, go me for getting him into that program before I left) and he confirmed the HTC SNAP is pretty nice so far. He's going to give me a rundown in a few days after playing with it more. He did say, though, that the SNAP is a world phone so it is the first non-BB for Alltel that can use a SIM card outside the US.

Anyhow... he also said that he hasn't heard anything yet for the TP2, and he wouldnt' be suprised if Alltel doesn't get it (as non-divested will be Verizon before they have a chance, and Divested will go to the respective groups) before all the mergers happen. He'll keep me in the loop.

And no one believed the short guy(me) about alltel not getting it.....
Have a little faith in your fellow comrades. :mrgreen::scratch::disgust::mrgreen:

thedudelasse 06-24-2009 04:09 AM

You can always order the device from Europe... HTC's original devices are always the best

digitard 06-24-2009 04:36 AM

Alltel/Verizon are CDMA carrier's

The European version is GSM.

./nogo.

shellguy 06-26-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwined82 (Post 991763)
Im so tired of threads like these.

Unless you have a picture of someone holding the TP2 or video of it in use I don't think anybody really cares.

92 posts and you want to slam him for sharing info? Ouch.

Will

yearn 06-26-2009 03:08 PM

Any of you Alltel guys havin data issues today?
I havent been able to connect to the internet for the last few hours?

psycho_maniac 06-26-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 998841)
Any of you Alltel guys havin data issues today?
I havent been able to connect to the internet for the last few hours?

works fine for me. just updated my weather with no problems. did you flash recently or what? notice anything else weird happeing to your phone?

codybear 06-26-2009 04:27 PM

working good for me too.

Noir 06-26-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffH70 (Post 993059)
Actually there are two CDMA versions of TP2 registered with FCC. It looks like the difference between Verizon and Sprint versions might be pretty big this time....

from that image how can you even tell it was just a declaration that gsm function is disabled on the world version of the phone =/
there's still no indication that vzw will be gimped...

yearn 06-26-2009 04:59 PM

Whew!
Its bact to working now, and yes I had flashed today so I guess it was just a coincidence but I was beginning to think something was seriously wrong!