PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chrisf707 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro keyboard not working (lights up, but no input)! PLEASE HELP!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Did you try the spacebar fix?
Yea, it didnt help either. I took the phone into a sprint store, and since the phone wasnt too old they said it is covered under the phones warranty... They ordered me a refurbished TP and i picked it up 2 days later.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:49 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf707 View Post
Yea, it didnt help either. I took the phone into a sprint store, and since the phone wasnt too old they said it is covered under the phones warranty... They ordered me a refurbished TP and i picked it up 2 days later.
Cool, someone else tried and said it fixed. I was hoping it would work. Update to a new radio that doesn't get hot so you don't have the problem again (hopefully).
Old 06-10-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

dallasjim is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
This may be from phone getting hot. Get a new phone or fix yours as stated above, unlock, and get a radio that doesn't run so hot.

I totally agree that it is a heat problem. I have it daily. I have tried different ROMs, radios, hard and soft resets and still have the issue. I just open the keyboard and turn it off for a minute. Then the keyboard comes back. I don't feel like installing the stock ROM to go and fight with Sprint. I know it will be fine when I get there.

I am using Sprint Radio 1.11 and Energyrom 3.0 (an AWESOME ROM) =D>!
Old 06-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: metro pcs

sedakai is a n00b

i had this problem and now i have a htc paperweight... it doesnt turn on anymore it just vibrates...BUT if you hold in the reset button its fully functional anmd guess what THE KEYBOARD WORKS wtf is going on with my tp can anyone figure out how the reset button is allowing the phone to turn on, but the sec i let go it shuts down???
Old 06-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPRO2

kohlio18 is a n00b

Going into a Sprint store and screaming and yelling may not be the best option. I would do everything in my power to NOT help you if it was me. Call customer service if you want to be an A-hole. You can check with a repair store to see if it can be fixed. Which in this case my guess would be "No" but, they can still order a replacment phone if it's not damaged and still under warranty or you have TEP. You can also log onto your Sprint.com account, go to store finder and self repair option. This will allow you to order a replacement phone that is sent directly to you without being hastled by anyone in a store. If your phone's wet when they get it (or damaged in any other way) you will get charged full replacement cost. If your worried check with a Sprint store to see if it's covered. Sprint is and should be honoring the manufactures warranty in store and be able to replace it at no cost.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf707 View Post
you got screwed.
The keyboard issue is covered by the manufacturing warranty,
which warrants the right to a NIB replacement. (New In Box)
It even says so in the actual manufacturing warranty.
Ridiculousness.

Quote:
Cool, someone else tried and said it fixed. I was hoping it would work. Update to a new radio that doesn't get hot so you don't have the problem again (hopefully).
It worked for me for a while.
but then when the ribbon most have fully popped out,
it doesn't work.
I think it only works if it's like half in/half out.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:44 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
you got screwed.
The keyboard issue is covered by the manufacturing warranty,
which warrants the right to a NIB replacement. (New In Box)
It even says so in the actual manufacturing warranty.
Ridiculousness.
Where did you see this? I can't find anything on this.

My keyboard on my 2nd TP died today. Did the spacebar fix and it worked. Not sure how long it will last though.

Called the "local" repair centers... "We don't have the parts. We only replace them." Don't want a replacement. Want my phone with my invisible shield on it working.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 09-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Leap dba Cricket Wireless

PlyrOfD602 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to PlyrOfD602 Send a message via Yahoo to PlyrOfD602 Send a message via Skype™ to PlyrOfD602

My TP keyboard hasnt worked at all!!! for months and I just tried this fix and wahlaah!!! Awesome. I just turned my phone off took the batt cover off and pressed hard on the space bar on the slideout keybrd held it for a minute and did it a cpl times pressing firmly but not too hard to brk it obviously... replaced cover turned on and Bam it works once again... Nice
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

andreasppc is a n00b

Quote:
It is usually hardware related. A guy had some luck in another thread just like this by taking off battery cover, sliding phone open, and pushing the space bar very hard. He said like you thought it might be too hard. Don't break it, that would be counterproductive, and I am not responsible for what you do to your phone, but another guy tried it on his bad kb phone and he had luck with it also. If mine quits again I'm going to try it.

This may be from phone getting hot. Get a new phone or fix yours as stated above, unlock, and get a radio that doesn't run so hot.
Wow, I can't believed this actually worked for me. I was reading it and started thinking how stupid it sounded, but to my surprise...wallahhhh. ..magic.. it works..

Just so you know sprint phone tech support walked me thru reprogramming my phone to fix my keyboard, which it did, but only worked for a few hours.

Lol, who knew the spacebar trick would actually work. thanks a million. Great advice!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: Smart

johnwise is a n00b

Yes pressing space button also works for me
first it's only last for few minute
then i try again, its only can hold for few minute again
then I try a bit longer pressing the space button, and then it's work almost few hours now without trouble
i will wait few day to make sure it's already fixed
my friend said that under the pad they have some flex cable that sometimes problem

Hope it's will be ok
thanks for the tips

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro