PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why Are Touch Pros Such Pieces Of Crap!

im on my seco,d in 6 months or so, but i love this biznitch and make love to it also, no phone compaires IMO!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

maybe im out of line here, but i love how people always find something to ***** and complain about. i mean, i know its completely unacceptable that a brand new product has some issues, and that sprint/htc replaces it for free when it does (rolleyes).

lets quit *****ing people. maybe your too hard on the phone, maybe you just happened to get two lemons, or maybe god hates you, i dont really know, but what i DO know i that theres always someone who pops up and *****es about something great, whether it be someone devoting their time to deveolping software/hacks for these phones, or the phone itself. "mighty, your roms awesome, but it doesnt have this, why doesnt it have this?". its just getting ridiculous folks, be happy you have what you have, and all these fantastic people on this site who help support the software end. otherwise buy something else, but dont go bashing the product like its a total peice of ****. if it was such a peice of ****, there wouldnt be so many people continuing to use it everyday.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My first TP went tits up within 2 weeks of getting it--well within the 30 day Alltel exchange policy--and I gleefully told them I wasn't interested in a Blackberry or other device instead. I'm hooked on this phone.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

Zombie Scott is becoming a great contributor

My wife and I both bought Touch Pros last November and have had no problems with our Sprint versions of this phone. If I have to complain, my only gripe would be the weak battery life. Luckily, we both can are planted at desks all day long and can charge our phone continuously.

This phone is our first PPC phones we both think the functionality out weighs the week battery life. Spare batteries are cheap...

Just having the Live Search application justifies us keeping these phones over standard no PPC phones. We are both running stock roms.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Eh, IDK I'm getting real fed up with the build quality of these phones. When I first got the TP it was worlds ahead of my Mogul in terms of build quality but over time all of the issues started coming along, issues that I never got with my Mogul.

1st TP) Keyboard died, well documented defect on PPC Geeks.
2nd TP ) Rainbow on middle of screen from a detached digitizer, thanks a lot resistive touch screens (Also well documented on PPC Geeks)
3rd TP (current) ) All the colors in my phone are bugging out, I turn on my phone and everything is Purple and Neon Green! I literally have to smack it real hard and everything goes back to normal. And now the digitizer is detached again!

I baby the crap out of all of the TPs I've had, never once been dropped, exposed to water, exposed to pressure (like sitting on it) and they continue to mess up. This crap is getting out of control, idk what to do any more...

And I found out the Pre is out of the question because it requires me to get off my retentions plan which I won't do until Sprint pries it from my dead cold hands.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:47 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

1st) Video skewed all over the place and became not usable

2nd) Keyboard has failed, waiting on replacement from Asurion

3rd)... PLEASE DONT DIE WHEN I GET YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro254750 View Post
maybe im out of line here, but i love how people always find something to ***** and complain about. i mean, i know its completely unacceptable that a brand new product has some issues, and that sprint/htc replaces it for free when it does (rolleyes).

lets quit *****ing people. maybe your too hard on the phone, maybe you just happened to get two lemons, or maybe god hates you, i dont really know, but what i DO know i that theres always someone who pops up and *****es about something great, whether it be someone devoting their time to deveolping software/hacks for these phones, or the phone itself. "mighty, your roms awesome, but it doesnt have this, why doesnt it have this?". its just getting ridiculous folks, be happy you have what you have, and all these fantastic people on this site who help support the software end. otherwise buy something else, but dont go bashing the product like its a total peice of ****. if it was such a peice of ****, there wouldnt be so many people continuing to use it everyday.
man, you should've wait a little while longer before posting. i bet someone that a troll would show up around post #25. i lost!
Old 05-17-2009, 08:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700/mogul/Diamond/touch pro/palm pre/touch pro 2/

Roustermiller is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Roustermiller

TP number 3 for me I still love the phone but will be getting the palm pre when it comes out
Old 05-17-2009, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I don't know what some of you guys do to these phones....

I have three TP's & I've never had any serious problems with any of them.

My first TP dates back to early November, I use it hard daily & it works great (running Mighty RBORN & telus radio)

~John
Old 05-17-2009, 08:18 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

mine has been going since november 11th and no flaws

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro