PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Help Flashing Radio...

Hi, I've wasted hours today trying to update my stock 1.03.15 radio on my Sprint Touch Pro. This is the first time trying to unlock and flash anything, so I expected some bumps, but am really hitting a brick wall at this point...

I followed these instructions:

I downloaded both the 0.37 hard spl as well as the manual one that you can use straight from the device...I first attempted to unlock via SD, by placing the manual SPL on the phone, and the raphimg radio file on the root of the SD card per the instructions...and yes, I made sure it was formatted FAT 32...when I attempted to unlock and flash, it started to do something, I got the colored screen, but then it froze there until I soft reset...it said at the top the device was unlocked, but I am fairly certain the process was not completed...

I then got Activesync working on 2 different PCs, and tried to go that route...on both PCs, the process starts to work, the phone flashes to the tri color screen briefly, then goes to a white screen with the word Loading... in blue at the top...and then freezes there...eventually the PC gives me a 260 USB error...

Does anybody know what could possibly be causing the difficulties I'm having...I am positive I've downloaded and am using the correct files for the Sprint Touch Pro...I downloaded the proper unlocking set, and the 1.04.05 and 1.04.05 Telus radio...

I am leaving late afternoon tomorrow for vacation for a week and would really love to get this new radio working before I leave, both in the hope of improving battery life, as well as potentially GPS lag...

Any help from you experts for a flashing noob would be really appreciated...I really did read about 50 pages of forum threads trying to get this working...

Thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 12:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Re: Need Help Flashing Radio...

in order to flash spl, two things need to happen, the device has to load a temporary "soft spl" into memory, then disconect and reconnect, so your operating system can load the nessecary drivers, then flash hard spl hit the chat button up top for more hands on help
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

I got this from the "Upgrade" Section very good info:

Originally Posted by jdignazio

ERROR [202, 204] : CONNECTION
This error message will appear when the device is not connected to ActiveSync correctly. Make sure you properly connect the device to the PC through ActiveSync before running RUU.

ERROR [206] : MEMORY ALLOCATION
ERROR [280] : UPDATE ERROR
When you see any of these error messages, close other running programs on the computer and run RUU again.

ERROR [208] : FILE OPEN
ERROR [210] : FILE READ
These error messages indicate that RUU lacks certain important files and cannot continue with the update. Please get the complete RUU package again.

ERROR [212] : FILE CREATE
ERROR [214] : FILE WRITE
ERROR [222, 224] : DEVICE NOT RESPONDING
These error messages will appear when remote access control has failed. Check the ActiveSync connection and try running RUU again.

ERROR [220] : MAIN BATTERY POWER
This error message will appear when the device's battery power is not sufficient. Although RUU will instruct you to plug in the AC adapter, it still has to make sure that your device has enough power to upgrade the radio. (Even when you plug in the AC adapter, the device is unable to charge the battery when it is upgrading the radio).

ERROR [238] : FILE READ
This error message may appear when, for some unknown reason, the ROM image on the phone is corrupt. Download the whole RUU and try again.

ERROR [240] : FILE OPEN
When this error message appears, check whether the downloaded image is placed in the directory of RUU. If, for some unknown reason, you find that the ROM image is not located in the RUU folder, you have to download the RUU and retry again.

ERROR [242] : INVALID LANGUAGE
ERROR [244] : INVALID MODEL ID
ERROR [294] : INVALID VENDER ID
ERROR [296] : UPGRADE ONLY
One of these error messages will appear when you use the wrong RUU to do the upgrade. RUU will check if the Model ID and Language ID are compatible with the device. Make sure you use the appropriate RUU tool to upgrade.

ERROR [246] : DEVICE NOT RESPONDING
This error message indicates that RUU cannot start the update process. Please contact your service provider for assistance.

ERROR [248~260] : UPDATE ERROR
This error occurs when there is an ";open port error"; before upgrading the CE ROM image.

Solution: You can reset the device and run RUU again. If you still encounter an ";OPEN PORT ERROR"; again, reset your computer and try again.

ERROR [262] : UPDATE ERROR
This error occurs during the CE ROM code upgrade process.

Solution: If this happens, you can just soft-reset the device and run RUU again. The update process will then continue.

Note: At this stage, the Wince is destroyed; instead, it is in upgrade mode.

ERROR [264, 274] : CONNECTION
ERROR [302~318] : UPDATE ERROR
ERROR [320~328] : INVALID COMMAND
These errors seldom occur. However, if one of these errors occur, it could not be recovered and the device had to be sent back to the customer service center. In this case, you have to flash a new ROM code.

ERROR [300] : INVALID UPDATE TOOL
This error message will appear when you use the incorrect RUU version to upgrade.

ERROR [330] : ROM IMAGE ERROR
This error message will appear when you use the incorrect RUU to upgrade and the image file size is larger than the Flash ROM size. In this case, download the correct RUU version to upgrade
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:12 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

hey man just to let you know raphimg has to be in caps RAPHIMG.nbh
i would flash from your computer also put your phone in bootloader than run updater
Old 04-11-2009, 03:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Guys, thanks for the help, and especially to Dan, for getting me unlocked via the SD when the it wouldn't work on two different PCs the other way...now running into one final hurdle...I took the Telus radio file, renamed it RAPHIMG.nbh, and put it on the root of my SD card....I hold down the proper keys, reset, and it goes to the rainbow screen, then for half a second to a Loader screen, but there is a short message beneath the word Loader (possibly an error?) and then it goes back to the rainbow and stays there without flashing...I am sure I have the correct radio file...do I need something else from that radio zip file on my SD card as well? Any further advice would really be appreciated...I should have been in bed 4 hours ago but this has been driving me nuts....btw, I've tried to flash both the Telus 1.04.05 and Hermann 1.06.07 radios and same thing happens, so don't think it's the file... Thx guys...
Old 04-11-2009, 04:14 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Maybe it never really was unlocked. Does it sayCmonex on boot screen as well as unlocked? If so this should work.

Flash from microSD Card (Thanks to MadlyAlive):

1. Make sure you backup anything that is necessary to your day to day operations! At a minimum, please perform an ActiveSync to Outlook or your Exchange server prior to flashing!
2. Rename the custom ROM NBH file from RUU_Signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh
3. Copy RAPHIMG.nbh to the root of your microSD Card.
4. Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. While you're still holding those 2 buttons, press the reset button with your stylus.
5. When your Touch Pro tells you to do so, press the power button to begin the flash process. If you do not get the message to press the power button to flash, there is a mistake in the name of the NBH file or you do not have the file at the root of your microSD card.
6. When flashing is complete, perform a soft reset.

Have you also booted your phone and checked in windows mobile to see what radio you are currently running? Maybe it flashed, the radio flashes pretty quick!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 04-11-2009 at 04:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I definitely see 0.37 cmonex rainbow screen on power sequence...when I put the card, it goes to that screen, then flashes to a white one quickly, then back to rainbow and freezes...I believe I am getting an error message on that quick flash to the white screen but it happens so quickly I can't read it...but one of the gurus did confirm I am unlocked...the rainbow screen says security unlocked and it is definiely the cmnonex screen, so I think I'm good from that perspective...it's just the actual flashing of the radio that's giving me problems still...preference is to try the SD method somehow... thx
Old 04-11-2009, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

You said it freezes, so if you hit the reset, does it boot up normally? One more question, when you download the radio, are you extracting it first with winrar, then renaming the RUU_signed.nbh file to RAPHIMG.nbh? Make sure you are getting the radio from this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616

Last edited by razorloves; 04-11-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

it freezes on the CMONEX screen after the quick flash to the white screen...but after a soft reset no problem, boots normally...I just meant it appears to freeze during the flash process...and I am using the proper 1.06.07 us cellular radio (the one dan-htc-touch packed and incidentally the guy who helped me get unlockedf last night) with that file renamed to RAPHIMG.img, with the first part in capital,s and the extension on lower case, and definitely on the root of the SD card...
Old 04-11-2009, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
it freezes on the CMONEX screen after the quick flash to the white screen...but after a soft reset no problem, boots normally...I just meant it appears to freeze during the flash process...and I am using the proper 1.06.07 us cellular radio (the one dan-htc-touch packed and incidentally the guy who helped me get unlockedf last night) with that file renamed to RAPHIMG.img, with the first part in capital,s and the extension on lower case, and definitely on the root of the SD card...
same sd card you used for hardspl last night? should work fine that way.. hmm.. sounds like the naming on the nbh is off a little or something

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro