View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 12:17 AM
a_c_s
Regular 'Geeker

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Help Flashing Radio...

Hi, I've wasted hours today trying to update my stock 1.03.15 radio on my Sprint Touch Pro. This is the first time trying to unlock and flash anything, so I expected some bumps, but am really hitting a brick wall at this point...

I followed these instructions:

I downloaded both the 0.37 hard spl as well as the manual one that you can use straight from the device...I first attempted to unlock via SD, by placing the manual SPL on the phone, and the raphimg radio file on the root of the SD card per the instructions...and yes, I made sure it was formatted FAT 32...when I attempted to unlock and flash, it started to do something, I got the colored screen, but then it froze there until I soft reset...it said at the top the device was unlocked, but I am fairly certain the process was not completed...

I then got Activesync working on 2 different PCs, and tried to go that route...on both PCs, the process starts to work, the phone flashes to the tri color screen briefly, then goes to a white screen with the word Loading... in blue at the top...and then freezes there...eventually the PC gives me a 260 USB error...

Does anybody know what could possibly be causing the difficulties I'm having...I am positive I've downloaded and am using the correct files for the Sprint Touch Pro...I downloaded the proper unlocking set, and the 1.04.05 and 1.04.05 Telus radio...

I am leaving late afternoon tomorrow for vacation for a week and would really love to get this new radio working before I leave, both in the hope of improving battery life, as well as potentially GPS lag...

Any help from you experts for a flashing noob would be really appreciated...I really did read about 50 pages of forum threads trying to get this working...

Thanks