PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 03:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Prizzo
Carrier: VZW

quadjacks is keeping up the good workquadjacks is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro noob

on my xv6800 i had to change the radio to get GPS to work, is this the case as well for the xv6850. i have unlocked the phone and flashed to the Mighty5 but still unable to get GPS to work.

Radio version is 1.03.03v
PRL 51250
PRI 1.46_002

please excuse the noob question, and yes i have searched but find things rather confusing as just coming from 2 years with xv6800, first day with VZW-TP. thanks in advance!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Touch Pro noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadjacks View Post
on my xv6800 i had to change the radio to get GPS to work, is this the case as well for the xv6850. i have unlocked the phone and flashed to the Mighty5 but still unable to get GPS to work.

PRL 51250
PRI 1.46_002

please excuse the noob question, and yes i have searched but find things rather confusing as just coming from 2 years with xv6800, first day with VZW-TP. thanks in advance!
If you would have done a search in the mighty rom thread you would have found plenty of info on this. Here's a great post user Lordshadowz put together for verizon folks on mighty's rom. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=9629

Last edited by razorloves; 05-01-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Prizzo
Threadstarter

quadjacks is keeping up the good workquadjacks is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
If you would have done a search in the mighty rom thread you would have found plenty of info on this. Here's a great reference for verizon folks on mighty's rom. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=9629
thank you!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:07 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

You're welcome.
You see the "VIII. GPS Issues and Questions" section in that post, right? That should help you out. Let me know if you don't understand something.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-01-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadjacks View Post

PRL 51250
PRI 1.46_002

SSK for VZW all the way.....instant GPS locks.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:07 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsiva View Post
SSK for VZW all the way.....instant GPS locks.
don't hate. lol
Mighty's Roms are built for all, not just Verizon, like the one you're referring to. Any multi-carrier rom, like Mighty's, will need some adjustments to work on the jacked up verizon touch pro. SSK does have an awesome rom though.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-10-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
don't hate. lol
Mighty's Roms are built for all, not just Verizon, like the one you're referring to. Any multi-carrier rom, like Mighty's, will need some adjustments to work on the jacked up verizon touch pro. SSK does have an awesome rom though.

I'm not hating... I'm actually temporarily running the newest 6.5 MightyRom right now. However, GPS locks take so long I could stop and ask for directions sooner. I've done all the usual. Scott was a Verizon customer, so he tailored his ROMS to get the most out of our VZW TP's....and honestly...as gimped as it is in RAM, I wouldn't wipe my rear end with Sprint here in Jacksonville, FL. The rest of the country may be different, but my data speeds double and triple that of my clients with other carriers. Sure, I've got less RAM, and I pay more... I can't speak for VZW's F'd up way of marketing, but data is critical in my job and I wouldn't have anything else here.

And since the title of the OP was VERIZON Touch Pro noob, I figured I would provide the poster with my humble opinion on which ROMS make our gimped phones work the best.....and it's SSK by far,,,,,, Now when I get a Sprint TP on VZW and can actually do 16-24 MB PPs,,,,my opinion may change...

Nate
Old 05-10-2009, 01:57 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

close this usless thread please and move it out of the upgrades section!

Old 05-10-2009, 02:03 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
close this usless thread please and move it out of the upgrades section!
geez man relax... there's no place for that attitude in here. It's useful to the OP, and that's what counts. Sure, it's in the wrong section of the forum, but people do it repeatedly all day long.

quadjacks...please read this. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925
Old 05-10-2009, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jsntrenkler is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone have any screen shots of SSK running? So I understand Correctly, the GPS is unlocked in that ROM?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro