PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Backup your data and storage card!!!

Tried a couple programs last night, recovered 3GB+ of data but it was mostly my mp3s which I do have stored on my hard drive.

No pocketquicken data was found. Will try Dr. EASUS Data Recovery Pro 3..
Old 04-22-2009, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post

That program is $90 IIRC, how bad do you need to recover it??

~John
Old 04-22-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Tried a couple programs last night, recovered 3GB+ of data but it was mostly my mp3s which I do have stored on my hard drive.

Hey Slopokdave, you got Mail
Old 04-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
That program is $90 IIRC, how bad do you need to recover it??

~John
It's just time consuming to import everything back in, make sure we caught all debits, etc, anything that hasn't cleared yet. So, just a pain. Not a life-ender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damionix View Post
Hey Slopokdave, you got Mail
Thanks, replied.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I know this is too late and you've experienced it, but I'm just chimming in to add some support to your claim to backup your data and how Windows Mobile does Exchange.

As the original poster and others have stated, back up your data religiously, of course.

The main reason I posted was to bring the hidden part (or at least less noticed) of your story to light. If you have your Windows Mobile phone paired with Exchange 2003 or 2007 the admin can set a max number of incorrect logins before a hard reset occurs. Unlike a traditional hard reset which leaves your Storage Card intact this security wipe will ALWAYS format the Storage Card as well.

As a result, I'd recommend you use the recovery password (if your admin allows it) or pull the card out and back up the data (provided it isn't encrypted by the phone) before maxing out your incorrect logins. Even taking the card out on the last attempt is enough to save your info (sans encryption).
Old 04-28-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

LoneSnark is keeping up the good workLoneSnark is keeping up the good work

Stupid Spore!

I had it installed on my 16GB Sandisk, tried to run it but messed up and hit the home key, crashing everything. No big deal, right, just soft-reset? And, crap; upon booting back up about half the files on my storage card are unreadable. No big deal, I have 90% of them backed up from when I transferred from my 8GB card, and the remaining 10% I was able to copy off.

But now I cannot format the card! Nothing will let me; not Windows2000, not Resco Explorer, not SKTools, nothing. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Please please help me fix my 16GB godness!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:52 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude, I hope you find a solution. I had similar situation several months ago but couldnt do jack to get my card working, tried all kind of troubleshooting, NADA man. I ended up getting a free replacement from manufactur..
Old 04-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

Exchange and My Phone from microsoft backup all important info on my phone and storage card for me so I shouldn't have to worry too much. My Phone has a 200mb quota but its enough for the essential files. If you don't have exchange just have pim backup runs it's backup job before My Phone backs up the memory card and you will have a backup of everything that you could possibly need.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro