PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Backup your data and storage card!!!

So I thought it wouldn't happen to me....

I was messing around with Mighty5 today and tried installed the Rhodium keyboard. For some reason it screwed up my keyboard and I couldn't type my exchange password in after soft-resetting my phone. After 10 attempts it HARD REST my phone and erased my beloved storage card. This included all my pictures, music, Garmin XT coordinates saves, school documents, work documents, and my Pocket Quicken database (checking account).

Grrr... Back up that stuff on your computer, don't be a victim!!

I always take out my memory card when doing a ROM update or hard reset. So nice that windows did that without even asking this time....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:31 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Backup your data and storage card!!!

that sux, and while you at it,back that isht up to a flash stick...
Old 04-21-2009, 07:43 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i back my storage cards up to folders on my external for this reason... i had my storage card get corrupted with my tp randomly... half the files were completely useless.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm attempting to restore now.... I will post back with how it goes and which software I used. I could care less about the pictures, music, and touchpro addons I had on there; I can re-add those. It's my quicken data file I'm concerned about......... arrrgh..
Old 04-21-2009, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Two things: back up app (i.e. SPB Backup or Resco Backup) and Dashwire

Old 04-21-2009, 08:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I use Sprite religiously. Dashwire works but I'm not putting all my private info on a public server(believe me, I have some REAL good reasons not to)

I have lost ALL the info on my 16 gig Sandisk card three times now. I think the card is defective at this point, but it doesn't matter what the reason is at this point, the end result is the same.

I had it happen again three days ago, I had over 12 gigs of stuff on that card (ripped DVD movies, cab files, mp3's, GPS programs & maps, installed programs, hundreds of icons, all my pics, six Sprite total system BU files etc etc etc) & it came up totally blank.

I have 99% of it backed up to my laptop so it's really no big deal, it's more of an annoyance than anything but definitely illustrates what could happen without a tested backup.......

~John
Old 04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I use Sprite religiously. Dashwire works but I'm not putting all my private info on a public server(believe me, I have some REAL good reasons not to)

I have lost ALL the info on my 16 gig Sandisk card three times now. I think the card is defective at this point, but it doesn't matter what the reason is at this point, the end result is the same.

I had it happen again three days ago, I had over 12 gigs of stuff on that card (ripped DVD movies, cab files, mp3's, GPS programs & maps, installed programs, hundreds of icons, all my pics, six Sprite total system BU files etc etc etc) & it came up totally blank.

I have 99% of it backed up to my laptop so it's really no big deal, it's more of an annoyance than anything but definitely illustrates what could happen without a tested backup.......

~John
Yeah, I backup to my storage card daily and every other day or so I back up everything (phone memory and storage card) to my PC, which is in turn is backed up to an external hard drive, which is in turned backed up to DVD's stored at a separate location.

So hopefully I'm covered....
Old 04-22-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
So I thought it wouldn't happen to me....

I was messing around with Mighty5 today and tried installed the Rhodium keyboard. For some reason it screwed up my keyboard and I couldn't type my exchange password in after soft-resetting my phone. After 10 attempts it HARD REST my phone and erased my beloved storage card. This included all my pictures, music, Garmin XT coordinates saves, school documents, work documents, and my Pocket Quicken database (checking account).

Grrr... Back up that stuff on your computer, don't be a victim!!

I always take out my memory card when doing a ROM update or hard reset. So nice that windows did that without even asking this time....

All hope is not lost. Use a Data Recovery Software and get all your stuff back as it is still fresh. I personally use Dr. EASUS Data Recovery Pro 3. Its very good. Just take the Card insert in a USB adapter and you can recover all your data
Old 04-22-2009, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
Agreed. There is definitely a lot of data that you should not put on a public server. This does serve as a good reminder that you should use some form of redundant backup
Old 04-22-2009, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: proud owner of a samsung epic 4g!!!
Carrier: sprint

2kidz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 2kidz

Welp, i've already complained about my broken keyboard, now i'm working on increasing my volume on my new TP (help please!!!!)......my dashwire question is on sat, i anticipated losing old TP and gettin new one....as a result, i backed up all my texts and stuff onto/into dashwire....my question to u guys is how do i now get those texts from dashwire and returned to my new TP? thanks guys...u all are the greatest!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro