PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

x99percent is keeping up the good workx99percent is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Another hard reset thread...***VERIZON***

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=775641

/thread.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by x99percent View Post

Do you people not ****ing read before you post. That thread does NOT work on the revision of Verizon phone that I have. It's just another post giving another "way" of doing it.

Unless you specifiy instructions for a specific carrier/revision, then it's pretty much a crap-shoot.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work
Re: Another hard reset thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
Easy answer for someone that got it to work. Fact is, the same reset sequence doesn't work for everyone.
Perhaps I haven't researched the issue thoroughly, but the user guide that came with my Sprint TP has directions to hard reset on page 82:

Quote:
With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Down and Enter keys first, and then press and hold the Power key until you see the following message on the screen:
which says press VolUp to restore or any other key to cancel the operation.

Then even more explicitly below this:

Quote:
Release the Volume Down key and Enter keys, and then press the Volume Up key to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
So I could be wrong and maybe Sprint has printed 10 different revisions of this manual (unlikely), or people think they are smarter than reading the manual, look online, fail at hard resetting and declare it's nearly impossible.

Again, this procedure worked for me, the first try. Am I the only one that read the manual? I can't speak for any carriers besides Sprint but I have a pretty good feeling all TP's come with some sort of user guide, with hard reset instructions.

Last edited by kevm14; 04-06-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Re: Another hard reset thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
Perhaps I haven't researched the issue thoroughly, but the user guide that came with my Sprint TP has directions to hard reset on page 82:

which says press VolUp to restore or any other key to cancel the operation.

Then even more explicitly below this:

So I could be wrong and maybe Sprint has printed 10 different revisions of this manual (unlikely), or people think they are smarter than reading the manual, look online, fail at hard resetting and declare it's nearly impossible.

Again, this procedure worked for me, the first try. Am I the only one that read the manual? I can't speak for any carriers besides Sprint but I have a pretty good feeling all TP's come with some sort of user guide, with hard reset instructions.
That's why I set the title to Verizon. I'm not sure what the difference is carrier, revision, or both. All I know is, what they say I'm supposed to do DID NOT work. So, I was offering up the possibility that it's not as clear cut as what people want it to be.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Do you people not ****ing read before you post. That thread does NOT work on the revision of Verizon phone that I have. It's just another post giving another "way" of doing it.

Unless you specifiy instructions for a specific carrier/revision, then it's pretty much a crap-shoot.
I have a feeling that you didn't follow the instructions EXPLICITLY... to the letter.

The hardware between the different versions is pretty much the same... I see no real reason/motivation/advantage for Verizon or HTC to make that version's reset procedure any different than the others.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
I have a feeling that you didn't follow the instructions EXPLICITLY... to the letter.

The hardware between the different versions is pretty much the same... I see no real reason/motivation/advantage for Verizon or HTC to make that version's reset procedure any different than the others.
Just because you think it is that way, doesn't mean that's how it is. A LOT of people have posted with trouble getting phones to hard reset. Don't you think it's a little OBVIOUS that they don't all do it the same way considering I've finally found a way to do it that is NOT in the book that is CONSISTENT???

If you can't take the information for what it is then go find another thread to troll. Hard resetting a phone is not a conspiracy theory. If it's different per phone for whatever reason, then IT IS. Get over it. God forbid you are WRONG.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
God forbid you are WRONG.
God forbid YOU inject "anger" or "attitude" into my posts that isn't there.
God forbid YOU get upset and throw a fit, yet accuse me of "trolling".

Calm down! If you've found something that works, great..!

I guess I forgot that the internet is serious business!

If you're confident that your method works and is 100% repeatable, I'll even edit my thread to include a Verizon-specific method.

Last edited by x99percent; 04-08-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
God forbid YOU inject "anger" or "attitude" into my posts that isn't there.
God forbid YOU get upset and throw a fit, yet accuse me of "trolling".

Calm down! If you've found something that works, great..!

I guess I forgot that the internet is serious business!

If you're confident that your method works and is 100% repeatable, I'll even edit my thread to include a Verizon-specific method.
Late response, I've been busy.

WHY...SO....SERIOUS?

I've calmed down now! LOL

The whole problem is that guys have hard reset different ways, and as soon as somone ask how to do it, they don't think there could be any other way. You then see the next 50 threads as nothing but a pissing match. I was trying to keep the "well that's not possible" out of it, becase quite frankly, I and others have proved that it is. Of course, you have everybody else who thinks they know what they are doing and is just screwing something up, which leads to all the head scratching and seriousness(LOL) in the first place. How do you know when to really believe that someone is doing what they say. Afterall, we have to take each others word for it. But, I forget that it's easier for me to believe me, then for everyone else to.

I literally spent a week trying every button combination that I was told to do by the book or what I found others had tried online. Once I found what worked, I scratched my head. Made absoultely NO SENSE. I still don't understand why in the world they would change the hard reset key sequence at all. What could ever be beneficial about changing it. Who knows.

Anyways, sorry for going off. I must have had a bad week or something. Thanks for the the adult response.

Peace out!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC XV6850
Carrier: VZW

n00dle1003 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I have read every thread, post, web page I could find on hard resetting our Touch Pro's. I'm writing this in hopes this will help someone else. This is what I found to work for MY Touch Pro. I have done this several times now and it is consistent.

In all cases, I first powered the phone OFF and then completed these steps at first boot.

How to get to the screen to restore to hardware defaults:
1) Press and hold D-Pad, and then press and hold Reset.
2) Once the screen comes up, press Volume Up to restore factory defaults.

How to get to the screen to restore image from SD card:
1) Press and hold Power and Volume Down, and then press Reset.
2) Once the screen comes up, press Power to load RAPHIMG.nbh from root of SD card.

How to get to the multi-colored bootloader(?) screen:
1) Press and hold Volume Up and Power, then depress Reset.

Please leave feedback if this worked for you.
Thanks for the good post. Yes, this will only work with VZW TP.
In regarding to How to "restore image from SD card" method, just want to add that : if RAPHIMG.nbh is not in the Root of SD, the Tri Colored screen bootloader will come up. To abort : just use stylus to do soft reset.
Cheers!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro