kevm14
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Another hard reset thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
Easy answer for someone that got it to work. Fact is, the same reset sequence doesn't work for everyone.
Perhaps I haven't researched the issue thoroughly, but the user guide that came with my Sprint TP has directions to hard reset on page 82:

Quote:
With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Down and Enter keys first, and then press and hold the Power key until you see the following message on the screen:
which says press VolUp to restore or any other key to cancel the operation.

Then even more explicitly below this:

Quote:
Release the Volume Down key and Enter keys, and then press the Volume Up key to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
So I could be wrong and maybe Sprint has printed 10 different revisions of this manual (unlikely), or people think they are smarter than reading the manual, look online, fail at hard resetting and declare it's nearly impossible.

Again, this procedure worked for me, the first try. Am I the only one that read the manual? I can't speak for any carriers besides Sprint but I have a pretty good feeling all TP's come with some sort of user guide, with hard reset instructions.

Last edited by kevm14; 04-06-2009 at 08:56 PM.