PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I miss my buttons.. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
I don't like how long it takes from when you press the button to take a pic to when the picture is actually taken.....
LOL, yea that 30 seconds to auto-focus is kinda ridiculous......

The POS camera is virtually worthless for taking pics of my 8 year old daughter.......

~John
Old 04-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
LOL, yea that 30 seconds to auto-focus is kinda ridiculous......

The POS camera is virtually worthless for taking pics of my 8 year old daughter.......

~John
I think it takes decent pictures for a phone camera, but I hate that "auto focus".....taking a pic it's like "I just pressed the button stay very very still.....ok keep still....stay put.....oko it finally took the pic"......
Deffinately not ideal for the quick snapping of a pic that (I feel) made camera phones so popular. "Hey look at that funny thing on the side of the road....wich I had a camera...wait my phone." whip it out, snap, gotta pic....
Old 04-02-2009, 04:22 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Deffinately not ideal for the quick snapping of a pic that (I feel) made camera phones so popular. ....
Exactly.

My Wife has an old Samsung flip phone (it's at least two years old) that is simple to take a quick snapshot with (she uses it all the time). It is 1.3 megapixel, there is almost no shutter lag at all & the pics are just fine considering it's a camera phone.

The pics are slightly better quality from the TP, but who cares?? (If I want super quality, I have a Canon D-SLR I can use) It takes so damn long to focus with the TP that I don't even bother with it most of the tiime. There is NO WAY my 8 year old can hold still long enough (by the time it focuses she is making fun of it.....)

~John
Old 04-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Exactly.

My Wife has an old Samsung flip phone (it's at least two years old) that is simple to take a quick snapshot with (she uses it all the time). It is 1.3 megapixel, there is almost no shutter lag at all & the pics are just fine considering it's a camera phone.

The pics are slightly better quality from the TP, but who cares?? (If I want super quality, I have a Canon D-SLR I can use) It takes so damn long to focus with the TP that I don't even bother with it most of the tiime. There is NO WAY my 8 year old can hold still long enough (by the time it focuses she is making fun of it.....)

~John
I know what you mean. I used to take pictures ALL the time with all my other phones (starting with the old Sanyo 8100 I had, it was the first camera phone I had)....but with the TP not so much cause of that damn autofocus. They should just do away with it, or put in the option to not use it....
Old 04-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by breribble79 View Post
Btw, there are some camera enhancements that work well, go to search and search for camera touch pro, that's what I did. Now my camera works great and takes pics fast, also try using Advanced configuration.
I will look again, but did not see anything that helped with that dang 30 sec autofocus......I don't really need or would use some of the extra features/enhancements.....
Old 04-02-2009, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I will look again, but did not see anything that helped with that dang 30 sec autofocus......I don't really need or would use some of the extra features/enhancements.....
At most my camera takes only 1-2 seconds to focus. If you are getting 30 seconds something is wrong with your camera of the program.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:40 PM
N00b

eagle63 is a n00b

Hey guys, I have the Vogue but am looking at possibly getting the Touch Pro. Like many of you, I have no interest at all in TF3D. (I've installed custom roms on my Vogue which have TF2D, and functionally it just isn't as good as good today screen plugins like Pocket Plus)

So I played with a TP in a Sprint store today, and noticed the big "home" and "back" buttons. These seem designed around TF3D. For those of you who have disabled TF3D, are these buttons now useless? Can you remap them to be "start" and "close" buttons instead?

Thanks for any info!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Try setting the brightness at -2, that is similar to raising the ISO & gives a faster shutter speed that speeds things up a little.

Also, turn off the shutter sound (if you haven't already)

~John
Old 04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
At most my camera takes only 1-2 seconds to focus. If you are getting 30 seconds something is wrong with your camera of the program.
30 seconds was an exaggeration (it just SEEMS that long) but I have never seen ANY TP AF in one second either........

~John
Old 04-03-2009, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle63 View Post
Hey guys, I have the Vogue but am looking at possibly getting the Touch Pro. Like many of you, I have no interest at all in TF3D. (I've installed custom roms on my Vogue which have TF2D, and functionally it just isn't as good as good today screen plugins like Pocket Plus)

So I played with a TP in a Sprint store today, and noticed the big "home" and "back" buttons. These seem designed around TF3D. For those of you who have disabled TF3D, are these buttons now useless? Can you remap them to be "start" and "close" buttons instead?

Thanks for any info!
I don't run TF3D on my TP and the Home button takes you back to the Today screen.... and the back button (depending on how it's implemented in each program) will take you back.
I'm fairly certain they can be remaped with a reg-edit although I don't know exactly what the reg-edit is.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro