PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael / Vogue / Rhodium W
Carrier: Vzw

dehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

I AM WRITING THIS IN ALL CAPS AND REALLY BIG LETTERS SO HOPEFULLY EVERYONE WHO IS TRYING TO GET THEIR TP FROM SPRINT OR ALLTEL ON THE VERIZON NETWORK WILL QUIT BEATING AROUND THE BUSH / WASTING TIME WITH METHODS THAT DO NOT WORK.

The instructions you need to follow are HERE:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=884667&postcount=262

YOU DO NOT NEED TO COPY FILES USING QPST, ETC.

Below are 3 examples of how simply calling the verizon tech department, and following the instructions in my post will get your phone working in a day or two.

Everyone posting here about copying files and copying EPST settings, are simply wasting your time. I know, I tried it, and there is no way around it.

Again... here is the post with the instructions that work.

So all of you that are posting wierd hacks, files copies etc. (You know who you are), please stop. it is confusing newcomers to this thread who simply need to get their phone working.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemo76 View Post
I followed the instuctions above, told them it was an alltel phone and they put in the request to have the number added to teh database. Hopefully tomorrow or friday I will be able to activate my phone.

Dialing *228 option 3 and waiting for a tech didn't do any good. they tell me there is no way to add this phone to their network.
Quote:
My "Alltel" phone is now working. Dialled the *228 option 3 and it took it. So less then one day after getting the right person and telling them the right story its working.

Now have to work on verifying GPS and AGPS functions.

thanks to all the people that contributed useful information to this thread. wish we could purge all the Sprint/Verizon is better into a different one so the info would be easier to locate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schteve View Post
Just wanted to report that this did the trick for me as well! I had to call the above number three times before I got a tech who helped me. The trick was to lead with "Need my MEID added to the DMD". The first two didn't know what I was talking about - I stayed polite but basically got off the phone as soon as I could. The third said they'd be glad to help me. Was called back 24 hours later with the good news and am now up and running.

Thanks to all who continued to post on this - I'm a happy camper right now and would have given up if not for this thread.

Last edited by dehx; 05-18-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael / Vogue / Rhodium W
Carrier: Vzw

dehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

GETTING DATA TO WORK AFTER YOU ACTIVATED YOUR SPRINT TP OR ALLTEL TP ON VZW NETWORK.

1. DIAL *228, and select Option #1, DO NOT USE OPTION #2

2. Download the zip file attached, extract the PRL and copy it to your phone.

3. Dial ##775 <SEND>, OR ##775# on your phone. (If either of these do not work, open file explorer, browse to the windows folder, and enable "show all files", then run EPST.exe, from the left menu select PRL.

4. Enter the MSL code, (it should be 000000)

5. The PRL field should let you choose edit, and allow you to browse. Browse to the new file you extracted from the zip that I attached.

Hit ok, your phone should update and you will have data with no roaming.

I use this on my sprint TP and I get 1.5 - 2.2 Mb/s consistently wherever I have a decent signal. And it works with every ROM I have flashed (Juicy, Mighty, Psyki, lllboredlll, etc.). After doing this I have never needed to dial *228 ever again.

Attached Files
File Type: zip 51250m.zip (3.3 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

TPMJB is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehx View Post
GETTING DATA TO WORK AFTER YOU ACTIVATED YOUR SPRINT TP OR ALLTEL TP ON VZW NETWORK.

1. DIAL *228, and select Option #1, DO NOT USE OPTION #2 2. Download the zip file attached, extract the PRL and copy it to your phone.

3. Dial ##775 <SEND>, OR ##775# on your phone. (If either of these do not work, open file explorer, browse to the windows folder, and enable "show all files", then run EPST.exe, from the left menu select PRL.

5. The PRL field should let you choose edit, and allow you to browse. Browse to the new file you extracted from the zip that I attached.

I use this on my sprint TP and I get 1.5 - 2.2 Mb/s consistently wherever I have a decent signal. And it works with every ROM I have flashed (Juicy, Mighty, Psyki, lllboredlll, etc.). After doing this I have never needed to dial *228 ever again.

A couple things

1) Way to remain tactful
2) The same solution is not applicable to everybody. It has been a really long time since I've had the IMEI number. Hey look, error 67 still...
3)That PRL is old. I have a newer one that fixes the roaming error (attached)
4)If the IMEI is the problem, I'll take one off an old phone.
5)If we wanted to knob-gobble Verizon tech support all day, we would have done so by now.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 51284m.rar (3.0 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizonnn

charlesbeebe is a n00b

Thanks for that new PRL! I've been looking everywhere for it. Thanks man!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

stemo76 is a n00b

I had my touch pro working but I activated another phone on my account to test it out and then when I tried to reactivate my touch pro the MEID number is again no longer in the database again. They are readding with no hassle since they can see that I was recently using that phone. Think its kinda strange. Wonder if Verizon has a way of cleaning up that database...

Not sure why they are working so hard to keep their customers off the network.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:12 AM
N00b

TPMJB is just getting started

Quote:
I had my touch pro working but I activated another phone on my account to test it out and then when I tried to reactivate my touch pro the MEID number is again no longer in the database again. They are readding with no hassle since they can see that I was recently using that phone. Think its kinda strange. Wonder if Verizon has a way of cleaning up that database...

Not sure why they are working so hard to keep their customers off the network.
You sure you didn't manage to clear it along the way?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

stemo76 is a n00b

Honestly, no, I don't understand what most of these things are that I am changing. But I don't see how I can delete something from thier master list via my phone.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I AM WRITING THIS IN ALL CAPS AND REALLY BIG LETTERS SO HOPEFULLY EVERYONE WHO IS TRYING TO GET THEIR TP FROM SPRINT OR ALLTEL ON THE VERIZON NETWORK WILL QUIT BEATING AROUND THE BUSH / WASTING TIME WITH METHODS THAT DO NOT WORK.

The instructions you need to follow are HERE:

YOU DO NOT NEED TO COPY FILES USING QPST, ETC.

Below are 3 examples of how simply calling the verizon tech department, and following the instructions in my post will get your phone working in a day or two.

Everyone posting here about copying files and copying EPST settings, are simply wasting your time. I know, I tried it, and there is no way around it.

Again... here is the post with the instructions that work.

So all of you that are posting wierd hacks, files copies etc. (You know who you are), please stop. it is confusing newcomers to this thread who simply need to get their phone working.

Thanks.
Uhh you still have to edit the QPST settings to get your phone to search for Verizon towers rather than Sprint or Alltel, in addition to loading the proper PRL. The only difference in the old procedure where you used *228 option 3 and what you have to do now is now you have to get your device added to the DMD before you can activate the phone either online or with *228 option 3.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

1. DIAL *228, and select Option #1, DO NOT USE OPTION #2

2. Download the zip file attached, extract the PRL and copy it to your phone.

PRL has very little to do with getting your data connection working. The steps that have been posted previously for those with data connections that don't work are the proper steps. If, after activation and programming data does not work, you probably either need a DMU reset or are missing the public key, AAA, or HSA keys. If all else fails, you might have to copy them from your previous device. The guy below you has it right, not all solutions work for all people, but way to show up and look like a jackass.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Robin24k is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
Uhh you still have to edit the QPST settings to get your phone to search for Verizon towers rather than Sprint or Alltel, in addition to loading the proper PRL. The only difference in the old procedure where you used *228 option 3 and what you have to do now is now you have to get your device added to the DMD before you can activate the phone either online or with *228 option 3.
Would you mind elaborating on what the "QPST setings" are? Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro