PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 07:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Backup Applications/Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
If I loose my phone or there is a problem with the card I can just use that file on a new card/phone. That will work, right?
Not entirely. If you backup on one phone and restore on another, the two programs Update Profile and Update PRL will fail with an error (407, if I recall correctly). Others confirm this, and say that there is no workaround.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
Not entirely. If you backup on one phone and restore on another, the two programs Update Profile and Update PRL will fail with an error (407, if I recall correctly). Others confirm this, and say that there is no workaround.
I have restored a Sprite BU to a different TouchPro many times & it worked just fine for me. These where both Sprint TP's converted to Verizon service & I was able to do a PRL update with no problem.

~John
Old 03-25-2009, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Zenki_S14 is a n00b

Hi guys, newbie here. Don't mean to sound so ignorant, but how do I download PIM Backup into my Touch Pro? Can you atleast give me a link to how I can get it on my phone? Thanks!
Old 03-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333
Re: Backup Manila crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I already use UC along with XML provisioning to restore all my reg edits and programs, and I use PIM backup for everything else, but is there some way to backup stuff in Manila like the contacts on the people tab and the programs on the programs tab?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
You can just uuse SBP Backup. It backs up everything from registry keys to Manila stuff.
Yup, +1 for SPB BackUp

This software has saved my butt on more than one occasion.

If I'm ever making a change to the registry, or I'm installing an application that I'm not sure will play nicely with the other
stuff I have installed...I will create a backup with SPB, and then try the reg edit or app.
If it doesn't end up working out, I just do a full restore and everything is back to the way it was before, no harm, no foul

I highly recommend this software. It's not a free program, but there is a free trial that allows you to do like five free back ups.
To purchase the program it costs about 25 bucks.

I know that for as many times as I've used it, and all the hours that it's saved me in not having to re-customize my phone,
it has definitely paid for itself many times over.

-Keir-

Here's a link to the SPB page-

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/
Old 03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: DroidX

kiwiruss is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiruss

+1 for Sprite Backup
Old 03-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TheDude1120 is keeping up the good workTheDude1120 is keeping up the good work
Re: Backup Manila crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
along with XML provisioning to restore all my reg edits and programs tab?
how do i do that?
Old 03-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Which backup program is best for text message restoring? I'm using PIMBackup right now, but I have over 4,000 text messages and while PIM can restore the texts, I have to make sure my settings don't have it in threaded mode. I have to rethread them after I restore which takes like half an hour to process all 4k messages. Are Sprite/SPB/Resco/Sashimi able to restore the texts in threaded form so I don't have to let to phone sit for half an hour trying to sort through the texts?

Also, which are able to save specific reg entries? I have 2 regedits I like to do which is the disable the XT9/make sure the keyboard stays in qwerty mode, and also a flick scroll speed adjustment. I recall some of you mentioning being able to backup the entire registry, however, but what about a couple of entries.

I also found that PIMBackup dupes my contacts if I try to sync with my Outlook after I restore, which i why I only use PIM for texts and call logs now and let Outlook restore everything else.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

taruky is a n00b

OK, I wonder if someone can help me here. I used SPB to backup prior to flashing the Mighty ROM. When I restored, the stock Clearvue presenter was gone and the Jetcet printer was there but needed a serial number. Any ideas on how to get these back and keep Mighty ROM? I'm scratching my head as to why it did not restore Clearvue. Does it have something to do with the fact that it recognized the new ROM and so adjusted the way it restores?
Old 03-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Tuffgong4 is keeping up the good workTuffgong4 is keeping up the good work

finally got around to flashing a new rom and PIM + Sashimi did everything I needed it to and more!
Old 03-31-2009, 04:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wasney is keeping up the good workWasney is keeping up the good work

Well, +1 for Sprite. Tried SBP but couldnt get the scheduled backups working, and then it failed all together. Sprite works fine, manual and auto backup.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro