PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BestSkinsEver $7.99

For those of you that have used IS, and don't like the screen because of the "stickyness"

Don't worry, you won't have a problem with the BSE screen protector, I can't even tell it is there most of the time

Old 02-25-2009, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 X TPRO
Carrier: 1 Sprint 1 METRO PCS

djsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good work

The only problem about this skin is very sticky.
the response from the tf wasn't good.
I ended up removing the screen part and leaving the rest.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond & Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mizzle80 is becoming a great contributor

hell, i should've went with BSE instead of IS...2-3 weeks later after ordering IS and i still have no shield, no email response or anything....I hate companies like that, at least they could email me and let me know about the delay...I could've ordered one of these and probablt had it by now
Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff

O.k, here are some pics of my Touch Pro with the skins applied. Forgive the fingerprints.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1111.JPG (531.8 KB, 126 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 2222.JPG (182.7 KB, 106 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 3333.JPG (222.5 KB, 91 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 4444.JPG (178.7 KB, 95 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 5555.JPG (437.0 KB, 93 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (stock)
Carrier: Sprint 0

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work

I bought three, and applied one to my wife's TP (I don't have one anymore), it went on great, there's a few air bubbles I missed under one of the chrome sides, and a fuzzy string on the screen... but that's only noticeable under certain light conditions. She loves it, doesn't mind the screen being a bit different in response to finger/stylus input. It looks great, barely noticeable other than the slight orange-peel effect on the screen. Other people say they don't notice it's on at all (until I did the sides & back). So, maybe I just notice the orange-peel because people have mentioned it too much on here, plus I used the device before putting the skin on.

Also, I dyed the back royal blue, which looked awesome by itself. Now that it has the skin, woah, it shines and looks metallic!

It's held up great so far, about three weeks of her sticking it in a snug pocket on the side of her purse (like a glove!).

The things I don't like about it are that it doesn't cover every-EVERY- spot of the phone. I don't mind the round button not being covered, as it needs to remain very sensitive and since it's recessed, shouldn't be a scratch problem in the way we use & store the phones. However, BSE should include that since someone might want it, and it can't cost them more to include it. But, some of the sides should be longer, and I'm not sure if it's really a problem for them to cover the volume buttons.

Some installation notes:

For the back cover, I used a hair dryer to get the corners/edges to fit properly without having to remove & reposition. They don't really stick (due to curvature) until the water & soap/shampoo mixture starts to dry, so the blowdryer helped speed that up. I also applied that while the cover was off the phone. I also had to carefully remove & reapply a spot the next night because we shifted it by mistake before we went to bed. Oh, be careful with the lithmus papers & the water/steam....
Old 02-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by platin465 View Post
I bought three, and applied one to my wife's TP (I don't have one anymore), it went on great, there's a few air bubbles I missed under one of the chrome sides, and a fuzzy string on the screen... but that's only noticeable under certain light conditions. She loves it, doesn't mind the screen being a bit different in response to finger/stylus input. It looks great, barely noticeable other than the slight orange-peel effect on the screen. Other people say they don't notice it's on at all (until I did the sides & back). So, maybe I just notice the orange-peel because people have mentioned it too much on here, plus I used the device before putting the skin on.

Also, I dyed the back royal blue, which looked awesome by itself. Now that it has the skin, woah, it shines and looks metallic!

It's held up great so far, about three weeks of her sticking it in a snug pocket on the side of her purse (like a glove!).

The things I don't like about it are that it doesn't cover every-EVERY- spot of the phone. I don't mind the round button not being covered, as it needs to remain very sensitive and since it's recessed, shouldn't be a scratch problem in the way we use & store the phones. However, BSE should include that since someone might want it, and it can't cost them more to include it. But, some of the sides should be longer, and I'm not sure if it's really a problem for them to cover the volume buttons.

Some installation notes:

For the back cover, I used a hair dryer to get the corners/edges to fit properly without having to remove & reposition. They don't really stick (due to curvature) until the water & soap/shampoo mixture starts to dry, so the blowdryer helped speed that up. I also applied that while the cover was off the phone. I also had to carefully remove & reapply a spot the next night because we shifted it by mistake before we went to bed. Oh, be careful with the lithmus papers & the water/steam....
I do agree the skin should cover the very edges.The side skins are helpfull with normal use, but if you drop the phone it seems more likely that the very edges will take the brunt of the fall, which arent protected too well...
Old 02-25-2009, 12:40 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdignazio View Post
O.k, here are some pics of my Touch Pro with the skins applied. Forgive the fingerprints.
Wow that's pretty snug. I wish ghost armor covered the phone that completely.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Unaufhaltsam is keeping up the good workUnaufhaltsam is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Yahoo to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Skype™ to Unaufhaltsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Well, it has to be one or the other as IS & BG are most definitely NOT the same.

I have used both, & much prefer the BG material myself.........

~John
I had BSE until my nephew ripped it off. Then I bought Bodygaudz and the look and feel the exaxt same to me. Only difference seems to be packaging and the spray.

Oh and you get two with BG.

Last edited by Unaufhaltsam; 02-25-2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Oh and you get two with BG.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (stock)
Carrier: Sprint 0

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaufhaltsam View Post
I had BSE until my nephew ripped it off. Then I bought Bodygaudz and the look and feel the exaxt same to me. Only difference seems to be packaging and the spray.

Oh and you get two with BG.

Really? That's odd, everywhere else people compare BSE to IS, and say that BG is totally different. I wonder if BG or BSE has changed their supplier.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jweavis is a n00b

Nice, I didn't know they had these in yet. I love everything I've ordered from BSE. Think this will make this my 11th order.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro