View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 AM
platin465
PPCGeeks Regular

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BestSkinsEver $7.99

I bought three, and applied one to my wife's TP (I don't have one anymore), it went on great, there's a few air bubbles I missed under one of the chrome sides, and a fuzzy string on the screen... but that's only noticeable under certain light conditions. She loves it, doesn't mind the screen being a bit different in response to finger/stylus input. It looks great, barely noticeable other than the slight orange-peel effect on the screen. Other people say they don't notice it's on at all (until I did the sides & back). So, maybe I just notice the orange-peel because people have mentioned it too much on here, plus I used the device before putting the skin on.

Also, I dyed the back royal blue, which looked awesome by itself. Now that it has the skin, woah, it shines and looks metallic!

It's held up great so far, about three weeks of her sticking it in a snug pocket on the side of her purse (like a glove!).

The things I don't like about it are that it doesn't cover every-EVERY- spot of the phone. I don't mind the round button not being covered, as it needs to remain very sensitive and since it's recessed, shouldn't be a scratch problem in the way we use & store the phones. However, BSE should include that since someone might want it, and it can't cost them more to include it. But, some of the sides should be longer, and I'm not sure if it's really a problem for them to cover the volume buttons.

Some installation notes:

For the back cover, I used a hair dryer to get the corners/edges to fit properly without having to remove & reposition. They don't really stick (due to curvature) until the water & soap/shampoo mixture starts to dry, so the blowdryer helped speed that up. I also applied that while the cover was off the phone. I also had to carefully remove & reapply a spot the next night because we shifted it by mistake before we went to bed. Oh, be careful with the lithmus papers & the water/steam....