PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 09:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SMS/Text Messages Type SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
Try out the ROM Juicy 4.10 and see how texting is..
That may be slightly better, but it's not the cure to the problem.

My son was using that ROM when he sold the phone in .

~John
Old 02-17-2009, 10:02 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I don't get it. The only time I've ever had a problem with texting going slow was when I had VistaHide installed.

I don't have ANY lag when text messaging or e-mailing anymore, other than maybe an extra half a second to let WM load up the messaging app, but when I'm actually typing, the screen goes as fast as I do, and I type pretty fast on it.

It has to be either something user-installed software related, or maybe just something that us MightyROM users don't experience, but I haven't had this issue in a long time.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Viking Mike is a n00b

Does anyone else think this is possibly an issue with the used characters calculation? In the SMS application, the only thing thats different from say Word Mobile or an email message is the calculator in the menu bar that tells you how many characters are remaining. This seems to be the only difference I can see. I also noticed that during times of lag, the character counter blinks. The longer the lag, the more it blinks... somewhat indicating to me that maybe it is the culprit. Has anyone experimented with ways to turn this off, or move it so somewhere that might be updated more often (as far as I know, the WM taskbar is slow to update, it has a lag of a few hundred MS... combine that with a dynamic battery gauge such as VistaHide and I can see where it would slow to a crawl)

I just switched from Threaded to Classic texting mode and the calculator moving from the taskbar to the bottom of the text input area made no difference. Maybe theres a way to just shut it off completely?

Last edited by Viking Mike; 06-21-2009 at 07:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work

I use SSK's newest ROM and use the physical slide out keyboard and I have typing lag, so I feel your pain. I have autocorrect, and autotext or whatever turned off...

It is definitely annoying!!

-Corey
Old 06-21-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djstone86 is becoming a great contributor

dcds .96 rom has no lag. try that.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Merdin's 6.5 has no lag either (it's the first ROM I've ever been able to say that about)

~John
Old 06-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Mike View Post
Does anyone else think this is possibly an issue with the used characters calculation? In the SMS application, the only thing thats different from say Word Mobile or an email message is the calculator in the menu bar that tells you how many characters are remaining. This seems to be the only difference I can see. I also noticed that during times of lag, the character counter blinks. The longer the lag, the more it blinks... somewhat indicating to me that maybe it is the culprit. Has anyone experimented with ways to turn this off, or move it so somewhere that might be updated more often (as far as I know, the WM taskbar is slow to update, it has a lag of a few hundred MS... combine that with a dynamic battery gauge such as VistaHide and I can see where it would slow to a crawl)

I just switched from Threaded to Classic texting mode and the calculator moving from the taskbar to the bottom of the text input area made no difference. Maybe theres a way to just shut it off completely?

I think someone should look into this... He could be on to something
Old 06-21-2009, 08:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

or just delete your texts.
don't back them up and restore them
I had the same problem, deleted my texts,
and ohhhh myyyy, what happened......no lag.
it's a miracle!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
or just delete your texts.
don't back them up and restore them
I had the same problem, deleted my texts,
and ohhhh myyyy, what happened......no lag.
it's a miracle!!!
not for nothing, but I don't save texts, I delete them throughout the day and I still have lag...

-Corey
Old 06-21-2009, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (but i pay for sprint)

drizzo91 is a n00b

I am by no means an expert, but has anyone tried sms160.cab yet? especially for those of you with custom ROMs

I guess this would only apply to sprint phones, but worth a shot
Attached Files
File Type: zip sms160.zip (746 Bytes, 13 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro