PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

minibob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SMS/Text Messages Type SLOW

I just wanted to mention that not only am I experiencing slow laggy texting but whenever I type using the hardware keyboard it tends to type some letters twice. It's happening a lot, actually. For instance:

"ddamn this is aa hot mmess."

I tried Vito SMS and texting on that was even worse. I'm using the latest version of MightyRom 4 with EzInput installed and all those t9 options disabled. This is super frustrating.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandsix View Post
Has anyone else tried Dcd's ROM? I'm interested to see if it truly has "no lag"
I'm on DCD's newest (1.05) and it's by FAR the fastest ROM i've ever used. I'm a fairly fast texter and i have NO problems with my TP not keeping up. DCD has really trimmed all the fat from his ROM's, I'm running about 154MB free RAM after boot with probably 15 or so things installed.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablomentabo View Post
Ok so I'm willing to try out one of the 3 that you suggested. My only question that I have is if I already have arcsoft installed (so i can do mms messages) then will any of these mess up my arcsoft install?
I use Vito SMS-Chat (with TouchPal & T+ I can type insanely fast with no lag whatever) & my Arcsoft works just fine.

~John
Old 06-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgioia2 View Post
I'm on DCD's newest (1.05) and it's by FAR the fastest ROM i've ever used. I'm a fairly fast texter and i have NO problems with my TP not keeping up. DCD has really trimmed all the fat from his ROM's, I'm running about 154MB free RAM after boot with probably 15 or so things installed.

I second this. Try DCD's ROMS either .96 (WM 6.1) if you want no lag at all when typing, or 1.05 (WM 6.5) if you want minimal to no lag. Either ROM is extremely fast and lightweight and are also very stable, best 6.1 and 6.5 ROM's ive tried (next to Juicy 7 which is right up there, but just isnt nearly as fast). Though I must note that as of now youtube is not working on 1.05 but works fine on .96 (im not sure if it works on any of DCD's 6.5 ROMS ive only tried the latest which is 1.05, but DCD says he has found a fix which he will incorporate in his next realease)

Last edited by killerkhatiby009; 06-26-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

kaaos is a n00b

yeah im sick of this phone i used to have a palm treo, but my only problem isnt just slow texting or typing. the phone is generally slower than molasses and runs like its broken or has serious issues. im convinced its a hardware problem. i have kks loaded rom right now
Old 06-26-2009, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

bradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I noticed that it's only in the SMS program that it has the most lag with. I kind of tested this with MyMobiler, just a remote tool to connect to your phone through a computer (I smashed the screen so I had to use this for a week and figured I'd play around with it.) I opened notes, typed about a paragraph worth of notes from work and it kept up and I type about 60 WPM on a normal keyboard. No typos or missing characters. Then I opened up SMS and did the same thing. More than 40% of the words were missing letters and a few of the words were stuck together without spaces. I swear Viking Mike is onto something with that character counter.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

I can definitely say that at least DCDs 96 (Win 6.1 ROM) had NO keyboard lag. Haven't tried his new 1.05 yet which is Win 6.5, but about to try it.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

minibob is a n00b

After my keyboard finally just died, I fixed the issue by taking it to the Sprint store where they gave me a whole new keyboard and flashed it to Stock Sprint ROM. I've never seen my keyboard work so quickly! I think I will be sticking with the Stock ROM bc it has the best performance in terms of texting. Isn't that sad!?

Old 06-29-2009, 10:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dayday69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dayday69

Bradyonly found a temp solution by changing a file in the windows folder that takes away the count process. (aka it doesnt have the little counter X/160)

Not taking credit for this find, just leading people in the right direction.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73005
Old 07-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

creature0077 is a n00b

This sucks! I'm having exactly the same problem and it's ONLY when using the hardware keyboard in SMS. The retarded T9 pops up which slows the entire thing down extremely slow. I'm using Calkulin's 21051 rom.

I've already did the obvious stuff like turning off the T9 and autocomplete and so-so. Changing the software keyboard doesn't do anything either.

Seriously, hasn't anyone made a cad file that completely removes the T9? I mean for phones like this it's practically useless.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro