PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dadoc04 is keeping up the good workdadoc04 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dadoc04 Send a message via Yahoo to dadoc04
Re: Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.69.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
so then u still have picmail in ROM ... wont work... u need to flash to a custom ROM without picmail...

i use:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49341

doesnt include picmail and will speed up your device and battery power
so... even though I downloaded the update and then ran it and was prompted to remove the older version i had....

then, today, when i go to remove the new version i had, thats not getting rid of it?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

everything in ROM is always there...

take the plunge to flash ROM ... u wont regret
Old 02-13-2009, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

dadoc04 is keeping up the good workdadoc04 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dadoc04 Send a message via Yahoo to dadoc04

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
everything in ROM is always there...

take the plunge to flash ROM ... u wont regret
ok thanks homie... i will give it a try
Old 02-13-2009, 01:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mann Arcsoft in its simplicity and intergrated-ness is awesome! !

Just to let other's know, you can run a custom ROM, install Sprint picture Mail (like i did)
-uninstall it ( i was like hey let me try arcsoft finally)
installed Arcsoft
did the registry edit in the OP
changed the Data setting which on my rom was "Network"

Its faster compared to the Sprnt Picture Mail. I'd estimate 3 seconds to either send or receive

It integrates with your text messaging window, you get nice looking taskbar notifications for sending and receiving. Wakes on new MMS seconds after you send a test photo plus with added text
Old 02-13-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey, Im Glad you guys like the cab I made.. I set it with a default of 500k sending so it would be compatible with other carriers that never received my 3.2 megapixel images. Imagine that? I thought I made the receive larger.

The I set it up to be able to send and receive through the internet connection, so that I could do it through my wifi. It worked at my house. Maybe the MMS servers ban some IP subnets or something. When I posted it on XDA, I put it there and not here, because Somepne was saying that Arcsoft for sprint was considered Warez, and I didn't want to violate that policy.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

in settings i put photo resolution to vga 640x480 ... that should shrink all my photos and send to all carriers then right... ?
Old 02-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

The horrid consistency of Sprint's picture mail is what finally drove me to a custom ROM. Contrary to some, I actually liked the way Sprint's TF3D looked(it was slow tho). So what I did was install MightyROM, then reinstalled the actual Sprint Slider and Slider Icons, along with using a yellow theme(made for MightyROM) that is somewhat similar to Sprint's yellow.

About the only thing that is different is in order to get background on all pages, I had to switch to a flip clock, instead of the Sprint looking one. So I use a transparent flipclock that has the same basic look of Sprint's just in a flip version.

Here's what my home screen looks like...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen04.jpg (10.3 KB, 47 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 02-13-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey all,

It seems that once Sprint's pic mail is installed on the stock ROM it taints the phone forever... What is so permanent and can't be uninstalled? Is it a file? A reg entry? Why can't it be undone....

Later,

Matt!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
The horrid consistency of Sprint's picture mail is what finally drove me to a custom ROM. Contrary to some, I actually liked the way Sprint's TF3D looked(it was slow tho). So what I did was install MightyROM, then reinstalled the actual Sprint Slider and Slider Icons, along with using a yellow theme(made for MightyROM) that is somewhat similar to Sprint's yellow.

About the only thing that is different is in order to get background on all pages, I had to switch to a flip clock, instead of the Sprint looking one. So I use a transparent flipclock that has the same basic look of Sprint's just in a flip version.

Here's what my home screen looks like...
I have never flashed - but this sounds intriguing.... I'll have to dig up the specs of this custom rom... I love TF3D as well...

Later,

Matt!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.69.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqdymun View Post
I flashed to his latest rom, I believe it was 4.9.5 which did not have picture mail installed. It didn't work for me there either. I will flash it again! With this version & give it a try, Thanks.
Got it all working now! I don't know if this will help anyone but, I will tell you where I made mistakes, hopefully I can help other prevent making the same ones I did...

What I did wrong:
1. Had Sprint Custom Rom w/ Sprint MMS installed > Installed Arcsroft w/out uninstalling it!

2. Uninstalled Sprint MMS> Installed Arcsoft>changed to Requested Settings> Didn't Work!

3 Unlocked My Pro> Installed Mighty's 4.9.5 Rom (Hot BTW)> Installed Arscsoft> WHELLA...it's working!!!>Restored Files with Sprite Back-up (Pssst! I had the Sprint MMS included in the Back-up...Duh!) NO LONGER WORKING!

What I Did Right!

1. Hard Reset > Added Arcsoft MMS> Tested it (WORKS) > Manually added favorite programs > Hooked My Homescreen (Clocks, Icons, Fonts, Colors) > CREATED NEW BACK-UP!

Now I have no problems! I have a full working MMS service that is fast, reliable & instantly brings my media to the screen! I love that I can drop pics directly into to SMS messages! I missed this program so much! MY Touchpro has made its way back to the top 3 of my favorite PPC phones!

Thanks For This Program!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro