PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Re: My TouchFLO became blazing fast, i forgot the tweak, help?

I have tried that hack and I see no difference and logically you shouldn't either. Your exporting registry information, deleting the root folder CLSID and then re importing the same data. So people stating it is quicker are most likely seeing a placebo effect.

Doing the following does absolutely nothing

1. Export HKCR\CLSID (will save to a *.reg file)
2. Del or Rename HKCR\CLSID
3. Import the backup of HKCR\CLSID

Turn off your device about 15 sec and reset
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 02-02-2009 at 03:42 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jringo718 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmac66 View Post
Jringo,
Sorry for the noob question....but how do you export a file? I have resco registry editor....went to HKCR/CLSID file but the only option I have is import the file. Do you mind typing out the steps in simpler steps for new users? Thx in advance.
mac
Sure. but as HotSauce mentioned, I read through the XDA thread too and some people hosed their phones because they didn't follow directions properly so do this at your own risk.

This is EXACTLY what I did:

1. Navigate to HKCR and right click the CLSID folder
2. Export the CLSID folder to my SD card as a .reg file
3. Go back to HKCR and right click CLSID again
4. Rename CLSID to CLSIDx
5. Click the right Menu softkey and import the .reg file that was saved
6. Delete the CLSIDx folder, make sure the CLSID you imported is there before you delete CLSIDx
7. Close Resco Registry Editor and then reboot.

You should see the changes in a bit or maybe after one more reboot

I know there are shorter ways, but this worked for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

jringo718 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Also I have no no difference and logically you shouldn't Your exporting registry information deleting the root folder of the registry contents and then re importing the same data. So people stating it is quicker are most likely seeing a placebo effect.
Not sure, I think if your registry hasn't been edited too much, you won't see much of a difference, but if you are like me and have edited the registry multiple times, it definitely brings it back to how it should work if you hard reset, but retain all the speed tweaks found on ppcgeeks without inputing it yourself.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon

Nativedude is a n00b

I'll try it myself too, but I think I'm with mikee4fun on this one
It's the same data that your putting back in, so it's not "defraged" or anything
Old 02-02-2009, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

ACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

While I'm not sold on the whole "it speeds things up"...It definitely cleared up a problem I was having when booting where when the windows mobile splash screen came up the top taskbar came up as well...dunno what to say really cept...cool
Old 02-02-2009, 03:55 AM
Lurker

jackmac66 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jringo718 View Post
Sure. but as HotSauce mentioned, I read through the XDA thread too and some people hosed their phones because they didn't follow directions properly so do this at your own risk.

This is EXACTLY what I did:

1. Navigate to HKCR and right click the CLSID folder
2. Export the CLSID folder to my SD card as a .reg file
3. Go back to HKCR and right click CLSID again
4. Rename CLSID to CLSIDx
5. Click the right Menu softkey and import the .reg file that was saved
6. Delete the CLSIDx folder, make sure the CLSID you imported is there before you delete CLSIDx
7. Close Resco Registry Editor and then reboot.

You should see the changes in a bit or maybe after one more reboot

I know there are shorter ways, but this worked for me.

Jringo,
Thank you for the detailed explanation.....I was reading the xda developer thread in which they recommended powering off the TP for about 15 sec b4 the soft reset....did you do it this way? Thx
mac
Old 02-02-2009, 03:56 AM
VIP Member

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jringo718 View Post
Not sure, I think if your registry hasn't been edited too much, you won't see much of a difference, but if you are like me and have edited the registry multiple times, it definitely brings it back to how it should work if you hard reset, but retain all the speed tweaks found on ppcgeeks without inputing it yourself.
Hey Jr, it does not matter how much you modify your registry, your exporting registry data and importing the same data. Nothing has changed period. Now if you hard reset your Touch Pro, export your CLSID registry data, then install all your tweaks and apps, then delete the CLSID and then re import the CLSID registry information there will be a difference, and chances are programs that you have installed which are dependent on data in that folder will fail.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Hey Jr, it does not matter how much you modify your registry, your exporting registry data and importing the same data. Nothing has changed period. Now if you hard reset your Touch Pro, export your CLSID registry data, then install all your tweaks and apps, then delete the CLSID and then re import the CLSID registry information there will be a difference, and chances are programs that you have installed which are dependent on data in that folder will fail.
I have to disagree with you on this one. While common sense says this is the case...from my experience shown above, I conclude it did in fact do SOMETHING. Just giving my experience. BTW - I did the rename to CLSIDx and then rename back. Closed the Registry editor. Waited one minute and then powered off using the top power button.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:07 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACoolGuy View Post
I have to disagree with you on this one. While common sense says this is the case...from my experience shown above, I conclude it did in fact do SOMETHING. Just giving my experience. BTW - I did the rename to CLSIDx and then rename back. Closed the Registry editor. Waited one minute and then powered off using the top power button.
Well, not sure what you are talking about in your post about the taskbar which has nothing to do with the CLSID data. I am going to run benchmark tests and see if there is actually any physical proof. I am sure it will come up the same.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Well, not sure what you are talking about in your post about the taskbar which has nothing to do with the CLSID data. I am going to run benchmark tests and see if there is actually any physical proof. I am sure it will come up the same.
Again, I'm not sure what happened either. Just to give a run down of what I saw.
Before the CLSID stuff -
When I would turn on phone, it would go normal until the green(mine is blue) windows splash screen. This screen from first seeing it until the today screen came up had the top taskbar on it. Guess it was loading the graphic prematurely. It's kind of hard to explain.

After CLSID registry rename and reboot - Boots normal. Windows splash screen shows normal(no top bar). Doesnt seem much more responsive, but I do make sure to run memmaid every now and then to clear things up a little. Also I am running on the Stock Sprint ROM without the sprint customizations.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro