PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Zombie Scott is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3000 mah Extended Battery Pictures

Anyone find a protective cover or leather case for the phone with the 3000mah battery?
Old 01-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just got mine, snapped in and it's charging, with the new MightyMike's 4.9 ROM.

First impression: HOLLY MOLLY! Cinder Block is an understatement for this thing. Going to test the battery in the next few days. As for the size? Well I think it's more than doubled the original size but guess what, it's SO much easier to type now due to a bigger grip.

Pictures will follow tonight.

Oh and yes, TP does read the battery's percentage correctly.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: SPRINT

Bizill is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Just got mine, snapped in and it's charging, with the new MightyMike's 4.9 ROM.

First impression: HOLLY MOLLY! Cinder Block is an understatement for this thing. Going to test the battery in the next few days. As for the size? Well I think it's more than doubled the original size but guess what, it's SO much easier to type now due to a bigger grip.

Pictures will follow tonight.

Oh and yes, TP does read the battery's percentage correctly.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Okay here they are as I promised.

So let's do a comparison with the stock battery and back door. As we can see... the Mugen battery is at least 3 times larger than the stock. The backdoor is even bigger. The door fits in very nicely, no squeek, the battery is tight fit as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1023.jpg (72.4 KB, 402 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC_1024.jpg (63.5 KB, 361 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC_1028.jpg (59.9 KB, 341 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC_1029.jpg (71.8 KB, 346 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

(Why there is a 5-files limit, mods make it to 8 plz )

As for putting it on the phone, indeed it'll double the size of your phone. However it does has advantage with that: BETTER GRIP. Since the phone is much deeper into your palm, you have a more secure grip on it. Also as others mentioned, typing on the keyboard with this thing is way easier with the case on.

Now as for the power performance? I charged it to full this afternoon and left the office the same time as I do with my stock battery where it'll be fully charged. I had a 30 minute phone call with screen on and speakerphone, among with bunch of text, PUSH and some browsing, by the time I got home 3 hours later (went to Fry's), the battery is at 90%. With my stock battery, WITHOUT the 30 min screen on and speakerphone on phone call I just mentioned, it'll be down to 85% at best, let alone some heavy use.

So far, I am loving it. More experiences and tests coming the next couple days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1030.jpg (76.5 KB, 288 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC_1031.jpg (66.2 KB, 271 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC_1032.jpg (50.1 KB, 273 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC_1033.jpg (52.6 KB, 271 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: q9m

Spithead051 is a n00b

Is there a version of the 3000 battery and cover for the Verizon version of the TP? I'm having a hard time finding one. Preferably a non-ebay seller
Old 01-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks for posting those pictures! Not my cup of tea, but I guess its worth sacrificing looks for those of you that NEED your phone that badly!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxl180 View Post
That battery cover (pictured) will not fit a sprint touch pro
no go

the battery is the wrong one, sending it back

i asked there support to ask their distributors if there's an upcoming oem extended batter coming out.... specificly UTStarcom....
Old 01-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Okay, I have the seidio battery, and I like it a lot! But anyway, if anyone wanted to see pictures of the two batteries side by side for extra comparison, then I'll be happy to post them.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Russellhi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
Okay, I have the seidio battery, and I like it a lot! But anyway, if anyone wanted to see pictures of the two batteries side by side for extra comparison, then I'll be happy to post them.
That would be an interesting comparison.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro