PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!
Carrier: Sprint

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3000 mah Extended Battery Pictures

Has anyone here tried charging a battery for the TP with an aftermarket wall charger? I mean one that charges the battery outside the phone. I got to thinking about it and that would bypass both the overheating issue and the issue of the TP not fully charging the battery. If anyone has any experience using one let us know your results.

I complained at the sprint store and the guy gave me 2 more stock batteries for free. I'm having the same problem with them (big surprise) that i had with the original. But if charging them outside the phone makes it better, we have a cheaper solution.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: SPRINT

Bizill is becoming a great contributor

okay, it's been a complete day for me. took it off the charger at 6 am. had to do a hard reset due to other complications so i spent most of my workday re-installing various programs. soft resetting constantly. send and received approx 50 text messages, auto checking email every hour and updating weather as often. talked for about 45 mins altogether and now it's past midnight and i'm sitting at 20%.

sure, i'd like even more energy than that. but realistically, i'm not comparing this to what my ideal battery would be. i'm comparing it to the stock battery. and had utilized my phone in the exact same manner, i would have run out of juice before noon. truth.

so needless to say, i'm QUITE PLEASED with this biatch. i love it. and i honestly PREFER the larger size due to being easier to hold. i like it heavier because i'm no priss. this thing definately gets a large two thumbs up from me!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizill View Post
okay, it's been a complete day for me. took it off the charger at 6 am. had to do a hard reset due to other complications so i spent most of my workday re-installing various programs. soft resetting constantly. send and received approx 50 text messages, auto checking email every hour and updating weather as often. talked for about 45 mins altogether and now it's past midnight and i'm sitting at 20%.

sure, i'd like even more energy than that. but realistically, i'm not comparing this to what my ideal battery would be. i'm comparing it to the stock battery. and had utilized my phone in the exact same manner, i would have run out of juice before noon. truth.

so needless to say, i'm QUITE PLEASED with this biatch. i love it. and i honestly PREFER the larger size due to being easier to hold. i like it heavier because i'm no priss. this thing definately gets a large two thumbs up from me!
Not bad... and you may get better tomorrow as the battery breaks in and the power gauge calibrates itself for the new battery.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

and i also am considering those battery tweak cabs to lengthen the life outta this mugen further. but i'm cool with even just this. it's nearing 2 am now and it's still hovering at 20% in stand-by mode.

Last edited by Bizill; 01-30-2009 at 04:45 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:55 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Jeez. I just pulled out my microSD->SD converter... stood it up next to my Mogul... That extended battery makes the phone thicker than the 6700 was!

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 01-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizill View Post

AGREED!

Yeah this is my 3rd day into the test, and it only seen any power source ONCE! Can you believe it? Though I am a light voice user but heavy on the text and data (PUSH), it managed to stood almost 36 hours without needing to get charged, and it was only down to 40% too.

I'll give it a month or couple weeks of burning in period and truly test it, but as ppl already mentioned, compare to stock? This is WAY better, and the larger size means perfect fit for a guy with big hands.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Lurker

Dizzydan02 is a n00b

Just bought this battery for my new touch pro, now im just concerned about a case.
Is there a case (similar to the holster that came with the phone) available big enough for this extended battery?
Obviously HTC wont make anything, but has anyone tried a different brand of case that fits this brick?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

biseroner is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
Okay, I have the seidio battery, and I like it a lot! But anyway, if anyone wanted to see pictures of the two batteries side by side for extra comparison, then I'll be happy to post them.

Yes!!! Can you post some pictures.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Jeez. I just pulled out my microSD->SD converter... stood it up next to my Mogul... That extended battery makes the phone thicker than the 6700 was!
it is. but to ME, it feels comfy for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzydan02 View Post
Just bought this battery for my new touch pro, now im just concerned about a case.
Is there a case (similar to the holster that came with the phone) available big enough for this extended battery?
Obviously HTC wont make anything, but has anyone tried a different brand of case that fits this brick?
i'm using my old 6700 case, faded and torn in all its glory! lol.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:10 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

So a 6700 case will fit this? Maybe its not that much thicker than the 6700 then... I didn't really mind the thickness of the 6700... though going from a Curve to a Touch Pro is going to be quite a big change as it is lol.

I'll see how my battery does. I still have some 6700 cases around too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro